Xbox Series X mic monitoring not working

Discus and support Xbox Series X mic monitoring not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series X, Xbox wired stereo headset. The headset is great. Mic comes in clear. Comfy. But I’m not sure if its hardware or software but I cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rab1d Squ1rrels, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X mic monitoring not working

Xbox series X, Xbox wired stereo headset.

The headset is great. Mic comes in clear. Comfy. But I’m not sure if its hardware or software but I cannot get the mic monitoring feature on the sound settings to work. Slider all the way right and still nothing.

My friends still hear me through the mic. So I’m not sure what’s going on.

:)

Rab1d Squ1rrels, Feb 4, 2023
  2. JS92 Win User

Does the series x support 1440p 144/155 refresh rate?

The Xbox Series X will do 120Hz but no more, regardless of resolution or monitor.

I would check to see if other Xbox Series X owners have confirmed to achieve 1440p120Hz on those monitors before purchasing.

Maybe a google of "xbox series x 1440p 120hz ___________ " and insert the monitor model to see if people have posted about their monitor and Series X working.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

As far as I know, the mic monitoring should not limit how they're hearing you. You have to manually adjust your mic volume or mute it if you do not want your friend to hear you.
  4. DavidNiell Win User

Compatible mic for Xbox series X

Thx for ur response, but standard USB mics for Xbox one, PS4 or nintendo switch dont work on Xbox series x. I tested them...

The only thing works fine is headphones + mic. But si not a good solution for me and karaoke games.

It would be nice that Microsoft sold official microphones that work with Xbox series x.

Thanks for ur help.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X - 1440p?

Hi,

The maximum supported resolution of Series S will be 1440P. Series X just like the Xbox One X before it will support 1440P too.

It will work on your monitor, don't worry.
  6. CosmicTraveler Win User

Compatible mic for Xbox series X

Both the Series X and Xbox One have never supported "just any USB mic". They do not work.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X mic monitoring not working - Similar Threads - Series mic monitoring

2. Discord on Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PS5 Mics Cut Out After 30+ minutes in a call

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord on Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PS5 Mics Cut Out After 30+ minutes in a call: Hello! The Discord voice chat on the Xbox Series X and S as well as PlayStation is glitchy and starts aggressively cutting out specifically only for the console people after about 30-60 minutes of...
  3. Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help

in XboX Insiders
    Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help: I been trying to fix an issue with my mic, it won’t work at all but I can hear myself in the mic monitoring but when I go into a party, there’s no output but I can still hear myself on the mic...
  4. Hi I have a Xbox series s and I was wondering if I could connect a streaming mic to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi I have a Xbox series s and I was wondering if I could connect a streaming mic to it: Hi I have a Xbox series s and I was just wondering if I could connect a streaming mic to my Xbox and if there is a way to connect the mic please tell me so I can do it...
  5. My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.: I can still hear others but my mic won't work. I have tried all the usual fixes I have found online and none of them work. I have also made sure the privacy settings are as they should be but...
  6. Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x Mic monitoring not working Help I tried everything: hello my turtle beach stealth 600 Gen 2 the older version not the new one withe the dongle my mic is fine my xbox series x on the otherhand isn't allowing my voice to be heard in party with or...
  7. I can't use mic GTA v Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use mic GTA v Xbox series x: I can't use mic GTA v Xbox series x rockstar games won't let player use mic GTA v online because some policy Xbox ? e0555d41-2dd2-4d4c-a046-21799a7ede82
  8. My astro A30 mic not working on xbox series

in XBoX Accessibility
    My astro A30 mic not working on xbox series: i did the hold for 5 second until light blink purple nothing my friends cant hear me e58234cc-5f26-4485-a6b0-8ed432b2e951
  9. Is there a built in mic on the Xbox elite series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a built in mic on the Xbox elite series 2 controller?: I was wondering if I can talk to people in a party without having headset b2696f83-1cae-4d01-bd5c-6a4179522423
  10. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...