Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

Discus and support Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got my new Xbox Series X today, but there is an issue: when I place the console vertically, I inserted a UHD Blu-Ray Disc for playback. The video... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 吕正阳, Nov 10, 2020.

  1. 吕正阳
    吕正阳 Guest

    Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray


    Just got my new Xbox Series X today, but there is an issue: when I place the console vertically, I inserted a UHD Blu-Ray Disc for playback. The video playback is OK but the optical drive on Xbox Series X has tremendous mechanical noise, definitely not from
    cooling fans or drive motor, it came from somewhere else. That noise disappeared after I placed Xbox Series X horizontally ( the Xbox logo is right-top corner ).

    Please confirm whether my console is the only one (it means I got a console with defect and I will RMA it), or it is a general issue for all Xbox Series X.

    :)
     
    吕正阳, Nov 10, 2020
    #1
  2. RWillows Win User

    Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

    Kind of. I cannot describe it perfectly but it does come when starting UHD Blu-ray Disc playback and stopped immediately on quitting the playback.
    Mine is still continuing even with the disc taken out.. also doing whilst turned off/ on standby with power cable still plugged in..
  3. 吕正阳 Win User

    Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

    Kind of. I cannot describe it perfectly but it does come when starting UHD Blu-ray Disc playback and stopped immediately on quitting the playback.
  4. RWillows Win User

    Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

    I think i have this also? Is it like a loud metronome clicking/ ticking noise?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Series X question

    I ended up doing that as I was a bit worried about the optical drive in my Xbox One x when it refused to play certain 4k Blue ray disks.
    My old Xbox One X had issues with some UHD movies, so much so that I too bought a stand alone UHD Blue-ray player. Playback issues were (probably still are) common on the One X. I've never played a single Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray or DVD in my Series X.

    There really isn't any need to test all of the discs. Test a few. If the discs are in good clean order they would have played on another BD player.
  6. SUNNYDOGa57ce29e-76f Win User

    Xbox One X disc drive to loud to be used as an UHD Bluray player

    It's normal unfortunately 4k uhd discs have to spin faster than normal blu ray so the noise is the disc drive most of the 4k uhd blu ray players have a similar problem it's infuriating during quite scenes.

    You can either put your xbox in a cabinet to reduce the noise or I bought a pioneer udp lx 500 as the disc drives are soundproofed but there hefty and there not cheap but they do have a noticeably better picture than the xbox one x.
Thema:

Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X, mechanical noise when playing UHD Blu-Ray - Similar Threads - Series mechanical noise

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Will A Punkston th61 60% mechanical keyboard work with the xbox series s? Worried that it...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Will A Punkston th61 60% mechanical keyboard work with the xbox series s? Worried that it...: Need help with this so i know if i should buy a new keyboard or not 35afac02-b529-437e-8284-b733e15c36bc