Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects

Discus and support Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Exactly as the title says, yesterday alone my xbox series x controller disconnected 4 times in the span of an hour and a half. Each time, I was trying... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mk kronic, Apr 4, 2021.

  1. mk kronic
    mk kronic Guest

    Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects


    Exactly as the title says, yesterday alone my xbox series x controller disconnected 4 times in the span of an hour and a half. Each time, I was trying to record gameplay to use in the future, the first time my controller disconnected I had no clue it stopped my recording. I had lost a half an hours worth of recording which is no big deal, but I went on to replay the same missions 4-5 times with my controller dying each time I replayed it. It got extremely frustrating because no matter what I did the controller kept disconnecting at random times throughout my recording, and corrupting the file making it unusable. My fix for this issue was to just use the xbox one x controller I had and it seems to be working fine now, but I love the feel of the new controller and definitely prefer it. I guess my question is, is this is on Microsoft's radar? Do they know about this issue with recording that is tied into the controller disconnecting?

    :)
     
    mk kronic, Apr 4, 2021
    #1
  2. mk kronic Win User

    Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects

    Thank you for the response but my controller is completely up to date. It actually just happened for the first time again with the xbox one x controller I was using. I think it's built in to the xbox series x/one x/one to stop recording if the controller is disconnected which causes this issue and makes the footage unusable. Not sure if you have a fix for that in particular but if not it seems it will continue to be an issue.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

    Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects

    Hello @mk kronic! I hope that you are doing well!

    Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently facing issues with your controller. But don't worry, I'm here to help.

    According to the explanation you have provided, it seems that your controller needs an update. I highly recommend checking the link below:

    Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

    I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

    Kind Regards

    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Rocket_31 Win User

    Xbox Series X controller considered 2 in game (Windows) | Manette Xbox Series X considéré comme 2 en jeu (Windows)

    Hi yes, with my XBOX ONE controller all is ok. When i use my XBOX SERIES X controller with cable, it's seem to be ok too.

    It's really when i play with wireless on XBOX SERIES X controller....
  5. Michael Paillé Win User

    Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

    My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

    Xbox one controller

    The Xbox Series X controllers will work on Xbox One consoles, and the Xbox One controllers (including the Elite/Elite V2) will work on Xbox Series X too.

    This is a link to an external site which
    confirms the backwards and forwards compatibility for controllers.
Thema:

Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X (Maybe One/One X too) stops recording when controller disconnects - Similar Threads - Series Maybe too

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd