Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?

Discus and support Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a couple of questions about the Xbox Series X console. I've searched online, but haven't been able to find answers, which seems... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sp33dyKat, Apr 12, 2021.

  1. Sp33dyKat
    Sp33dyKat Guest

    Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?


    Greetings,

    I have a couple of questions about the Xbox Series X console. I've searched online, but haven't been able to find answers, which seems odd.

    1) What is the maximum number of external drives that can be used (not including the proprietary Seagate expansion drive)?

    2) What is the maximum allowable capacity of each external drive?

    3) What is the maximum allowable total capacity of all external drives?

    Thanks for any help!

    :)
     
    Sp33dyKat, Apr 12, 2021
    #1
  2. Sp33dyKat Win User

    Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?

    Well, the original 1TB internal drive is, of course, connected inside the console in it's original state.

    The 8TB and 12TB external drives I added by plugging them directly into the back of the Series X console.

    I actually also have a USB thumbdrive connected to the console via a USB hub. The thumbdrive is only used for wallpaper images, though...never for games, so speed isn't an issue with regards to the hub.
  3. Sp33dyKat Win User

    Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?

    I just wanted to post a follow-up, as I've had a chance to experiment a bit since my original inquiry.

    I am now successfully using the following 3 drives on my Xbox Series X:

    1) 1TB original internal drive

    2) 8TB Seagate external drive (model STDT8000100)

    3) 12TB Western Digital D10 Black external drive (model WDBA5E0120HBK-NESN)

    Hope this is helpful for anyone considering adding external drives to their XSX set-up.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?

    1. 2 USB 3.0 Drives.

    2. 8TB per drive.

    3. upto 16TB of external storage across 2 drives.

    I used to use 8TB for xbox games and 4TB for the 360 games.

    this has not changed on the series i believe as they are using the same software.
  5. JOEZILLA-F3713C3E-C0 Win User

    Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?

    How do you do the setup, I’ve been wanting to experiment also just didn’t want to be disappointed if nothing worked right. Are all 3 drives plugged in the back on the Xbox series x or you using a fast 3.0 hub?
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Xbox Series X: Maximum Capacity of External Storage for media? aka MP4

    Umm you do know why right ?

    Its not the xbox

    It's how you setup yoir drive

    To.setup.for most.consoles you must use the universal standard basic format

    Are you forgetting the limit ?

    In order to.Usr any drive in any console you MUST format to FAT32 for media and the limitation of that I'd 1.86tb after math aka formated as 2tb

    In order to use drives bigger then that you need exfat which no console recognizes its a Linux thing or ntfs which xbox supports

    Sony formats drives into its own format and cant be transfered between console it will ask to format if you try
Thema:

Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage?

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X: Maximum Quantity and Capacity of External Storage? - Similar Threads - Series Maximum Quantity

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xsx max hdd size