Xbox series X malfunctioning, support wants to send me a refurbished console

Discus and support Xbox series X malfunctioning, support wants to send me a refurbished console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I bought an xbox series x on release it never really worked properly dashboard and sometimes in game audio is really buggy it makes really loud... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel_fj, Dec 6, 2020.

  1. Daniel_fj
    Daniel_fj Guest

    Xbox series X malfunctioning, support wants to send me a refurbished console


    Hi, I bought an xbox series x on release it never really worked properly dashboard and sometimes in game audio is really buggy it makes really loud popping noises whenever I open any app on the dashboard. I contacted support they told me they're gonna replace
    my unit for a refurbished one that may or may not have use marks such as scratches, they can not guarantee the new console will be in the same state of my current one, the support representative even hang up on me...

    Is this standard warranty procedure? This is really frustrating my console is a perfectly new without any use marks I dont wanna send it to microsoft only to have it replaced by something used in questionable state, I was even informed that if I got a new
    one and it was scratched I could not complain or have it replaced again if the console was "functional".

    this is the issue I'm having with it, I included a few videos

    Xbox series x dashboard audio crackling , popping , static

    Quick disclaimer: I've tried 2 different tvs and a monitor, headphones connected to the controller, every possible audio setting, restarted console several times, reseted the OS (system - console info - reset) per microsoft support request but nothing helped.

    Audio crackling, popping, static when opening dashboard applications, the sound seems okay if I click on options within the application itself, for instance, when opening "settings" there is almost surely going to be a ton of crackling however if I navigate
    the options within settings the sound will be okay, I've watched a few series x reviews/dashboard overviews I definitely noticed even youtubers seem to have this problem even if they dont notice it themselves its definitely there, my console seems to be particularly
    bad though.

    dashboard audio crackle -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVGa1tyR2tc

    I've noticed a lot of crackling when quick resuming Anthem and some crackling on final fantasy 15 in game menus and randomly when luna's dog barks, this one time when walking through the grass the shuffling sound of your clothes hitting the grass had a lot
    of static it only went away after I rested on camp Those two issues might be unrelated, I'm not sure to be honest

    final fantasy xv ->

    https://xboxclips.co/daniel95389/573c2a3b-6e6e-476f-a6f8-2cf652378a85

    https://xboxclips.co/daniel95389/c904ca46-bd4d-4c51-9132-29e1cc9c0a79

    :)
     
    Daniel_fj, Dec 6, 2020
    #1
  2. cpt sheridan Win User

    I dropped my xbox one

    If you go the route of sending your console to Microsoft, they will send you back a refurbished console.

    Look at the prices on the link that was provided and work out if it's worth paying the money that Microsoft are asking for them to send you a refurbished console or go for a new Xbox Series S or X.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    Genuine or not?

    You say you purchased this console from Microsoft, can you provide the link where you found the console prior to purchasing it?

    What country are you located in?

    Did you buy the cheaper Refurbished Series X consoles also available on the Microsoft store? Xbox Series X (Certified Refurbished)

    As stated earlier, Nuremburg, Germany, is where the Xbox repair centre located. It's quite possible that your console ships from this location too. Which would perhaps make sense if it were refurbished.

    Signing for packages over a certain amount is quite standard these days.
  4. Grant W. Win User

    Third time sending in Xbox for repair. What should I do?

    As I stated in my original message, I am still waiting to hear back from Raven and August.

    If I was to contact Xbox Support again, what would change?

    It seems like they're just going to send me refurbished Xbox devices until one of them happens to work... And even if they do send me a refurbished device that does happen to work when I receive it, given their track record of sending Xbox devices that do not work properly, how do I know the new properly working device will CONTINUE to work correctly?

    I didn't buy a $499 Xbox Series X so it can work for a year or two. I bought it so it will work until the next Xbox comes out.

    I replied to your private message.
  5. J Rizzle da 3rd Win User

    Disc drive always spinning

    Okay, lets say I call support, they either say they won't do anything or they will send me a refurbished console. In the scenario they send me a refurbished console I am pretty sure it will have the same problem, not to mention I take really good care of
    my electronics, there isn't a scratch on my Xbox, and the replacement I get most likely won't be in the same condition. That's putting it lightly.
  6. FITSMAN PWR GRC Win User

    Text messages don't work correct the last 24 hours to mine acc and my friends account

    From my mobile xbox app i can send as many text messages to the same person i want but from console series x i can't(Me and some other accounts and consoles except me).
Thema:

Xbox series X malfunctioning, support wants to send me a refurbished console

Loading...
  1. Xbox series X malfunctioning, support wants to send me a refurbished console - Similar Threads - series malfunctioning support

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. Series X malfunction

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X malfunction: So basically everytime i switch the series X on the safe mode appears and if i select to continue or switch it off, it doesn't work or the safe mode comes back. So i unplug the power cable and i...
  10. Xbox series x malfunction

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x malfunction: I have an unexpected malfunction after purchasing the device. Within 7 days, there was a sudden malfunction like the one in the section referred to [...