Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

Discus and support Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JordanGoncalves1, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which has never had any issues, speeds are around 300-800mbps. We swapped his Xbox with mine using my cables and ethernet and he is only getting 25-40mbps. The weirdest part is when his Xbox is on it completely throttles the internet on every device in my house, even leaving my pc unusable as nothing would load and speeds in the kbs. We tried using his power cables and still the same issue. I tried restarting the modem and the internet would be fine for maybe 2 minutes then throttle. I obviously told him he should call Microsoft support but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if there is any other possible workarounds.

:)

JordanGoncalves1, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi JordanGoncalves1, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing his console MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Charredcjxb1 Win User

Trying to network transfer my games and addons but having issues

Are you offline? Is the Series X your home Xbox?
    No my Xbox series x is online and on the same network as my Xbox one and my Xbox series x is set as my home Xbox
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Linking a XBOX Series S with a XBOX Series X?

Hi,

It's not possible to share internal storage between consoles. Besides, over WiFi it would far too slow.

If you need more storage you need either the expansion card for Series X games or a USB drive drive for everything else.
  5. yjgf Win User

My home xbox isnt working

since yesterday,same problem on my xbox.......try on xbox one,try on xbox series s,series x....Every time i try to make my Xbox my home it just keeps on spinning very slow for about 30 seconds but will not let me tick to have it as my home Xbox....Spinning circle doesn’t do anything..no way that i can set as my home xbox..i try with old acc,create new acc,same,there is no option to set account as my home xbox....again drm,or some other problems..just like before few days...microsoft can we finish with this ilusion in last 7 days......?
  6. yjgf Win User

My home xbox isnt working

since yesterday,same problem on my xbox.......try on xbox one,try on xbox series s,series x....Every time i try to make my Xbox my home it just keeps on spinning very slow for about 30 seconds but will not let me tick to have it as my home Xbox....Spinning circle doesn’t do anything..no way that i can set as my home xbox..i try with old acc,create new acc,same,there is no option to set account as my home xbox....again drm,or some other problems..just like before few days...microsoft can we finish with this ilusion in last 7 days......?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow - Similar Threads - Series makes home

2. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  3. My Xbox Series S is making a whirling sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is making a whirling sounds.: My Xbox Series S has always make coil whine sounds. However, it bothers me when there is that noise, plus a whirling noise when I play more graphically advanced games. Should I be concerned?...
  4. My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x makes a weird grinding noise when i insert a disc: The disc works perfectly fine on other xbox but not on my xbox series x the game is hot wheels unleashed Please HELP 39ea1323-3b8d-4668-ac7e-b3856a48b96d
  5. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  6. Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all: When I turn on my xbox it doesn’t have any sound and when I try to set up the audio in the settings it does nothing 2137d7f7-bee7-4624-81c3-f3955382f5a2
  7. Can you make the thrustmaster t248 combatable woth xbox series s and x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you make the thrustmaster t248 combatable woth xbox series s and x: I bought taxi life hoping i can use my wheel but logged onto the game and it dosent support my wheel would like to know if you were able to make the thrustmaster t248 combatable with my xbox...
  8. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  9. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  10. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....