Xbox Series X - Loose screw

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Loose screw in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday i unboxed my brand new Xbox Series X after months of waiting as it was so hard to find but to my disappointment, when i unboxed it, i heard a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VikrantSuryan, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X - Loose screw

Yesterday i unboxed my brand new Xbox Series X after months of waiting as it was so hard to find but to my disappointment, when i unboxed it, i heard a rattling sound which was loud as if some piece has broken inside and it is hitting other components. it was evident that something is moving inside the box whenever it is moved. I also recorded a video of unboxing and the sound was clear in that video also. I held the console upside down and a long screw fell out of it. i searched the internet and found that there has been similar issue with others also. Such a bad QC for such a good gaming console. Though the console is working just fine and i don't plan to return it because i won't be able to find another piece easily. I just hope that that screw does not hamper its perfomnce.
    Xbox Series X - Loose screw [​IMG]

:)

VikrantSuryan, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Loose screw in series x

depends if the screws causes a short it has the potential to cause a fire. Quality control for various items from all manufacturers has fallen drastically over the past year, i would not settle for that and would want the store to replace it there and then, i would not even settle for sending to microsoft as you will get a refurb.
  3. VikrantSuryan Win User

Thanks. Have been using the xbox since yesterday heavily just to check if any issue is reflected due to this loose screw but the box is working just fine. The fan is also silent. So my guess is that such cases are reported less because the device is not taking any performance hit due to it. So not planning to return it or sending to Microsoft for repaairs as of now. Thanks anyway. 😊
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

It won't. If at anytime the performance takes a hit, kindly send it to Microsoft for a repair/replacement. You can see details on how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  5. NARGH22 Win User

Can’t get to my dlc

Screw that, it still works on my old Xbox one so why can’t the same work for the series x? Makes 0 sense
  6. Elijahvan der Merwe Win User

Loose screw in system

Thank you Jesse but believe it or not I literally got the screw out about five minutes ago by turning the Xbox upside down and gently shaking it. Took about twenty minutes though, thought it was hopeless. But thank you again Jesse, I never would have thought about sending it to Microsoft.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - Loose screw - Similar Threads - Series Loose screw

2. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x internet problem when playing game: My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or...
  3. Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x set as dmz and nat open keeps changing to strict upnp unsucsessful: Series x i get it set up so its open and works fine, within a few days its reverted to strict nat, and upnp unsussesful. Ive set up staric ip and dmz server made sure relevant ports are open and...
  4. I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation: So I accidentally left a cd case on the Xbox series x that I got a week ago and i didn’t notice and I started playing for honor for maybe almost an hour until I noticed.I got scared and I took the...
  5. Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router: I've just changed my ISP & router & I'm having difficulty connecting to Internet, NAT type is allover the place, tried changing upnp settings with no joy, are there any other setting that need...
  6. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  7. Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S not connected nor acting connected, but saying it's connected only in network...: My Xbox is connected to a network but saying it's not connected nor is it acting like it aside from showing directly from network settings menu. It's the only device not working properly. I've...
  8. Xbox Series S wont connect to internet properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S wont connect to internet properly: Hi all, it seems my xbox wont connect to the internet properly, here's the issues i'm running into: Xbox takes 1-2 mins to sign me in, no live images/videos play on home screen, xbox says it is...
  9. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  10. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181