Xbox Series X: Local Accounts for friends and family

Discus and support Xbox Series X: Local Accounts for friends and family in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new Xbox Series X because my Xbox 360 broke after many years of loyal entertainment for me, my family and friends. I am a casual player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SebTre, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SebTre
    SebTre Guest

Hi,

I bought a new Xbox Series X because my Xbox 360 broke after many years of loyal entertainment for me, my family and friends. I am a casual player who just wants to play games together with friends on the couch - that's why I chose a console over a computer.

This just seems impossible with the Xbox Series X. I bought it to play local games with my friends (e.g., Bomberman Battlefest, Castle Crashers, ...) without any nonsense and configuring around before starting the fun. I always thought that would be the one single reason why anyone would choose a console over a computer. Microsoft advertises the Series X saying that these games perfectly work on the new console, so I decided to buy it. Well, the games start, but you can't play together with your friends.

On the Xbox 360 I had my Xbox Live profile and my friends and family simply activated a controler, chose a funny name and avatar, and after some seconds every new player was ready to start a local multiplayer game. Even better: Everyone who had already played with me before could simply activate a controler and choose his name to join a game. None of these persons has a Xbox Live account and why should they? In most cases they do not even have a Microsoft account since they neither use a computer nor have own consoles ... or simply are children.

However, a Xbox Live account seems to be required now. When adding another player, the one and only choice you have is to log in another Xbox Live profile. So you seriously expect me to create a Microsoft account, then create a Xbox Live account, connect the Xbox Live account to the new Microsoft account, and finally log it in on my Xbox Series X for every nephew and niece of mine just to spontaneously play a game? That is completely absurd.

While searching for a solution I found the 'guest accounts' the Xbox Series X offers. However, it didn't help, as these guest accounts don't seem to work with the games I tried at all. Moreover, even if they would work, they would be deleted everytime you turn off the console anyway. Why should one implement such a pointless feature after there had been a perfectly comfortable and simple way to handle this for years on every established console? --> The local accounts!

In short: Where on my Xbox Series X do I find the basic possibility to set up a local account for friends quickly and easily, just as it has been completely normal since the old generations of consoles? And when will I be able to play (Xbox 360) multiplayer games local with friends again?

Unfortunately, this problem seems far from new and there are countless threads which do not seem to offer any solutions (for example here). How can such a basic thing be an issue for such a long time? To be honest, at the moment I don't know what to do with this 'great new console'. To only use it alone, it is completely useless for me. Will there be a convenient way of playing local games with friends in the very near future, as it has been a matter of course elsewhere for decades, and once also was on the Xbox?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Seb

:)

SebTre, Mar 3, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

No you don't need to be signed in however you do need to enable guest accounts I know.cause my nephews do it all the time and they are 7 and 5

Please.keep in mind guest accounts DONT have progress and all earnings goto the main account

It is only when you need have progress that you need another profile

That being said no recent consoles.have offline profiles just guest accounts as mentioned they do come with limitations no progress and disappears as soon as they log off

Unless you count the switch even then their bc is fairly limited
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Yes for a gamertag they all need to have their own password and email address attached to it. Email addresses are free! Just have to make one. Its no way around not having an email address attached to a gamertag.
  4. SebTre Win User

This sounds cool! Maybe I just didn't find what you describe, but I don't see how I can create new Gamertags without entering someones E-Mail, creating a passwort etc. ... That is the big problem here. It was easily possible to create local profiles before by just typing a name and choosing an avatar.

Using the guest accounts these simply are not recognized by the described Xbox 360 games. When the other players press a button to join there doesn't happen anything. Tried it with a new game where the guest account at least worked, but that doesn't help me with the games I want to play. Furthermore it should be easily possible to just create a local profile for friends with an own name and the possibility to locally save progress while playing together.
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, not sure whats going on here. Your main gamertag which is owner of the Xbox should be set as home Xbox. You can make as many other gamertags on the console as you want. You shouldnt have a problem signing in with the other gamertags to play multiplayer games on that same console. Im not understanding what the problem is. EX when you go to play the new Bomberman and you sign in other players what happens? Does an error show up? This should be able to be done!! Please fill me in more.
  6. SebTre Win User

The guest accounts are not being recognized by said games. Players just can't join. Besides, that other new consoles don't offer this doesn't make it any better. It was, for example, possible on the 360, and it was much better than having multiple times logged in your own profile name with numbers behind it that can't even progress, as it is the case with these 'guest accounts'.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X: Local Accounts for friends and family - Similar Threads - Series Local Accounts

2. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  3. xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online: Hi Microsoft! I'm looking into games for the xbox series s/x that can be played by 4 players at the same time, with 2 local players on one xbox series x, and 2 other players joining remotely via...
  4. Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.: I recently got the series x and I managed to transfer most of my games over to my new Xbox but for some reasons reason the last few games don’t want to install, and when I try the ‘mbps’ doesn’t...
  5. Do I need Xbox live to play locally with and iOS device and Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Xbox live to play locally with and iOS device and Xbox series s?: Most of my family has an iOS device to play Minecraft. I am wanting to play Minecraft on my Xbox Series S, and join my family’s iOS Minecraft world. It’s all done on the same Wi-Fi (in the same...
  6. Xbox one and series x local multiplayer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one and series x local multiplayer?: Hi We've got an old Xbox one, that still works, albeit slowly, and are considering getting a series x. I assume we’d be able to do local multiplayer with games like halo using both consoles in...
  7. Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does the factory reset on X Box Series S deletes the local save data if I choose "keep the...: So I can't play any game right now because of error 0x87e50033, and it seems like the only solution for this is a factory reset. If I do this and select "keep the game files", does it keep the...
  8. Saving progress locally for an xbox compatible game on Xbox Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saving progress locally for an xbox compatible game on Xbox Series X console: I have apparently maxed out my storage on the cloud as far as original and 360 xbox save games go. I heard it was capped at 2 GB of cloud storage but I have not found a way to see how much or what...
  9. I deleted my Xbox 360 local storage on my Series S Can’t download profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted my Xbox 360 local storage on my Series S Can’t download profile: Every time I try to play a Xbox 360 game and download my profile it says cannot connect to Xbox live. It was just working before I cleared Xbox 360 local storage. Please someone help...
  10. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...