Xbox Series X - lifeless (won’t turn on) about one month out of warranty

Discus and support Xbox Series X - lifeless (won’t turn on) about one month out of warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Titles says it all. Been an Xbox gamer / Microsoft user my entire life but this might be the final straw. Series X that is one month out of warranty,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DylanKelly4, Mar 12, 2023.

1. DylanKelly4
    DylanKelly4 Guest

Titles says it all. Been an Xbox gamer / Microsoft user my entire life but this might be the final straw.

Series X that is one month out of warranty, totally lifeless and basically getting told by support to take it somewhere else. This console has died years before any of my previous ones (OG XBOX, 360, xbox one) and honestly I’ve used it less. Guess I was silly for expecting more support for a premium device.

Anyone has a similar experience? Can see a fair few posts around forums with this, maybe they had a poor batch of PSUs or motherboards. Reminds me of the 360 days.

:)

DylanKelly4, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi DylanKelly4!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how frustrating that must be. I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

Since your console is no longer in warranty, you could still be able to send it for a repair but with a fee. Have you already checked your options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...?

Also, did you try a different power cable if it's a cable issue only?

If you've tried everything, I am afraid that there's not much we can do about that really aside from sending it for repair.
  3. Nikhil Gupta2 Win User

Unable to make service request

The console i want to get serviced is xbox series s and it shows in warranty i won’t be able to it’s like same as amazon it’s been 5-6 months since my purchase they won’t be able to answer the Origin of my xbox
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

What started as a subtle noise on my first 6 month old Series X turned into a complete failure of the disc drive and the console was replaced under warranty.

Don't leave it to late to get it repaired or replaced under warranty.
  5. MrsNesbitt1 Win User

Series S keeps crashing

I have all the same systems and all have failed minus the OG Xbox and Series X but that's still under warranty so I'd give it a few months before it joins them. 360 had red ring, xbox one disc drive failure, one x power supply failure, and now my Series S. I'm not paying $200 for out of warranty repair as Microsoft products have grown kind of stale. Time to try something different but thanks for your help.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Series S keeps crashing

That's strange, I Have Xbox 360, Xbox one Fat, Xbox one X and Xbox series X, just my One X had issues, but I replaced trough the out of warranty service and all of them are currently working
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - lifeless (won’t turn on) about one month out of warranty - Similar Threads - Series lifeless won’t

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Xbox series S usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S usb ports: will the USB ports on an xbox s charge and after market controller charger? - Thanks b862a6af-26d0-4991-a64d-cb80420b758a
  5. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  6. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  8. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  9. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  10. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...