: Xbox Series X + LG C9 = Massive Flickering

Discus and support : Xbox Series X + LG C9 = Massive Flickering in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X + LG C9 = Massive Flickering Anyone with an LG C9 and XSX. I've been using it with the following settings: * HDMI Port 1 - using... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Sptz, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Sptz
    Sptz Guest

Anyone with an LG C9 and XSX. I've been using it with the following settings:

* HDMI Port 1 - using following cable - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082MRB893/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_9A1YFbWP73NBG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 - As seen in Vincent's (HDTVtest) video on how he fixed flickering with an RTX 3080 I believe.

* PC Input

* 4K 120hz

* Bit Depth: 10bit or 8bit (can't see any difference)

* Color Space: Auto (Standard)

* Low Black Level (SDR and HDR)

* Ycc 4:2:2 OFF

* VRR ON

* Tone Mapping: HGIG

All as per recommended by Vincent Teoh (HDTVTest)

Had loads of issues regarding mangenta flickering and glitches all around, most of the time they were very occasional and not a massive nuisance UNTIL I decided to play **Man of Medan**, this game should be a benchmark for these issues, even
    in the menu everything was flickering, the black bars were raised (raised blacks) the entire screen flickering like mad.

Changed Refresh Rate to 60hz and it fixed the flickering but the blacks were raised still, looked more grey than black. So I decided to change input to Console Mode and Refresh Rate back to 120hz and wow.... Blacks are now fully black plus no flickering, everything
    looks insanely good.

I'm so annoyed at all these issues, I don't care if it's not 4:4:4 chroma, it looks better and there's no glitches all over the place and blacks are full black now... If it wasn't for this game I'd have kept the same settings and thank god I found it which
    prompted me to change it. I wish I could use PC Input but it's not working for me.

I don't understand why this is happening, what is the exact cause but this is my experience and Man of Meda being such a dark game and apparently picky, it shows off any issues even just hanging around in the Menu, so I'd suggest to try it out and post your
    results here? It's free on Game Pass.

:)

Sptz, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  3. annix Win User

What do you play on?

Right now I’m on a 42 inch Samsung QLED 4K HDR set, but before the Series X is out I’m planning on upgrading to the LG C9 or CX in 65 inch. I need that HDMI 2.1 120hz OLED goodness in my life.
  4. annix Win User

What games will you be playing into 2020 ?

My backlog is so massive at this point that I'm really not sure. Probably Assassin' Creed Origins or Odyssey, I haven't played an AC game in forever and they look like they'll be a good time. One game which I hadn't heard of up until it's console release
    is Kentucky Road Zero, people seem to be going nuts over it, and it looks pretty good. Most of this year is going to be spent working as much as I can and saving up for the Series X and either the LG C9 or CX.
  5. crazy8canuck Win User

What is the best Smart TV 4k UHD or Premium UHD for gaming (Xbox One X & PS4- PRO) to get on Black Friday 2019?

The LG oled c9 series is WAY lower in price than before and honestly the best image and feature set you will find on anything at twice the price. hdmi 2.1 too
  6. tizzwozz Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

Did you have to get the tv repaired?
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X + LG C9 = Massive Flickering - Similar Threads - Series Massive Flickering

2. YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S: Hi all. Recently I got a series S and it's worked great, for the most part. Other issues aside, sometimes when I launch YouTube and click on a video, it will hang on a black screen, and then force...
  3. Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x. No sound at all through TV speakers: I just bought the x series 5 days ago and from the beginning I have never had any sound through the TV. Tried multiple times to change hdmi, restart the TV and Xbox. Nothing. On the audio...
  4. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  5. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  6. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  7. Why is my xbox seris x doing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox seris x doing this: I was just playing a a game and i decided that i would play a disc game so i insert it and then it doesn't work so i tried a different disc then it didn't work so i restarted it and then it works...
  8. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  9. Massive MW3 Bug On my Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Massive MW3 Bug On my Xbox Series X: I had this really obnoxious BUG occur where I turned on my Xbox Series X and was forced to look at a full screen advert for Call of Duty before I could use my Xbox. Surely it had to be a BUG...
  10. Would it be possible to remaster an old Xbox game series into possibly one massive game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Would it be possible to remaster an old Xbox game series into possibly one massive game?: So I was going through old achievements to see games I’ve played before and came across a series that did well for its time and though it could deserve at least a chance for a remastered version...