Xbox series x kinect backward compatibility

Discus and support Xbox series x kinect backward compatibility in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was planning to buy the new Xbox series X, but just read that Kinect is excluded from backward compatibility. I was already disappointed when Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrásB, Oct 31, 2020.

  1. AndrásB
    AndrásB Guest

    Xbox series x kinect backward compatibility


    I was planning to buy the new Xbox series X, but just read that Kinect is excluded from backward compatibility. I was already disappointed when Xbox One did not support my old kinect games on XBox 360 so I had to keep my old console. But just to be clear,
    I'm not going to waste any money on a new console just to have 3 consols on my shelf. 4K does not worth the money. Kinect was the only reason I have chosen Xbox in 2011 and I was already disappointed when Xbox One came out with no support of old Kinect games.
    I'm never gonna be a regular gamer sitting on couch and playing shooting games with a controller, will keep my 2 old boxes and play with friends Kinect games since it is more a team play and more fun than playing something virtually.

    I may need to check what PS offers.

    :)
     
    AndrásB, Oct 31, 2020
    #1
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

    Kinect on series x

    Yeah, like others mentioned, Microsoft hasn't announced anything official about the Kinect yet.

    If a Kinect is compatible with the Series X, then I would imagine it would be the Xbox One Kinect with the USB adapter.

    Also, when it comes to the Series X, Microsoft have already said it will be backwards compatible with everything that already works on the Xbox One family of devices.

    https://www.cnet.com/news/xbox-series-xs-backward-compatibility-we-have-so-many-questions/
  3. D4vid 360 Win User

    Evil dead games

    It will probably become backward compatible with series x. In this moment the backward compatibility project for xbox one has been stopped, waiting for series x
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Can Fight Night Champion be played on Xbox Series X?

    Hi,

    The BC list can be found
    here


    The Series X plays all the same games the Xbox One can play, the only exceptions are the Kinect titles as the Kinect is not supported on Xbox Series X and S consoles.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

    Question about Orange box

    And, if it were not backwards compatible, you might have to wait until the release of Xbox Series X, as they have said they have stopped working on bringing Backwards Compatible titles to Xbox One until the Series X launch to get Backwards Compatibility
    up and running on the Series X. Form there, I imagine they will move back to bringing titles to both Series X and Xbox One for a few more years.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

    If I purchased a digital game from xbox one can I still play the game on a new gen console Xbox series x

Thema:

Xbox series x kinect backward compatibility

Loading...
  1. Xbox series x kinect backward compatibility - Similar Threads - series kinect backward

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. I found some evidence that the Xbox series X might be getting a Kinect I was changing...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I found some evidence that the Xbox series X might be getting a Kinect I was changing...: I found some evidence that the Xbox series X might be getting a Kinect I was changing settings with Microsoft Xbox and Microsoft account and seen something ? 3caf563c-2b4c-4660-b7d5-a6b56f610b3c