Xbox Series X Keeps Shutting Down

Discus and support Xbox Series X Keeps Shutting Down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I start to play a game on my Xbox Series X, the console shuts down without fail. I knew it was not a heating problem as I had just turned on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yzMICHAELzy, Aug 1, 2021.

1. yzMICHAELzy
    yzMICHAELzy Guest

Every time I start to play a game on my Xbox Series X, the console shuts down without fail. I knew it was not a heating problem as I had just turned on the console. The console itself is located in a well-ventilated area so no problem there. I even switched the plug from the surge-protector I had it plugged into just in case, and plugged the console directly into a power outlet, which I do not like. Still, nothing. Same shutdowns. I sat to think about it, then unplugged then plugged the HDMI cable back in connecting the console to my UHD TV. So far it seems to be working. Why would the HDMI connection cause the console to shut down? I have only been able to get the system to work thus far, but I want to be sure it is the HDMI connection and not the Xbox console itself that is the problem in case I have to return it to the store.

So far, I have played Call of Duty Cold War and Battlefield 4 without the console shutting down. I should like an idea as to if it was indeed the HDMI cable that caused the console to shut down. Why would an HDMI cable cause the console to turn itself off? I can see it losing the connection to the TV, but not it shutting the console off completely as the HDMI connection has absolutely nothing to do with the power to the console.

Please advise. Thank You.

:)

yzMICHAELzy, Aug 1, 2021
  2. ColeDeSilvey Win User

Account

Maybe Xbox Live is shutting down on the 360 to make way for the series x/series as s?
  3. yzMICHAELzy Win User

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance, but unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable back into the HDMI port seems to have solved the problem. The console no longer shuts down. I have not experienced any problems lately since then.
  4. Ra'adSa'ad Win User

I have the same issue with slight differences at some point when I install a new game that doesn't have saved data in my account it is working smoothly with no issue. but if I run any game I have already saved on my profile, when this game tries to load my profile, Xbox series X shutdown but the controller still lighting. no heating issue, power, or display.

Advice to you: Try to install a new game and check if you have the same issue as I facing
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

The HDMI cable may be loose wherein the console requires for it to be securely plugged in. As long as you don't encounter the same issue again a repair or replacement is no longer needed but please make sure to thoroughly test it out just to make sure.
  6. yzMICHAELzy Win User

Hello,

Thank you for your assistance, but unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable back into the HDMI port seems to have solved the problem. The console no longer shuts down. I have not experienced any problems lately since then. I appreciate your assistance.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Keeps Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Series Keeps Shutting

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  7. Why does my Xbox Series S keep shutting off while trying to play 2k24?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series S keep shutting off while trying to play 2k24?: My Xbox series S has been shutting off every time I try to play NBA 2K24 but It lets me play any other game like GTA 3 or Starfield with no problem. It will let me play one game in MyCareer then...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x keep shutting down while playing or a game crashes

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keep shutting down while playing or a game crashes: Hi my Xbox keeps shutting down or turning it's self off ff6b2faa-6d10-4536-8e47-2c12bdfbce48
  9. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...