Xbox Series X keeps crashing after white spots appear on screen

Discus and support Xbox Series X keeps crashing after white spots appear on screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; White spots pop up while playing Fortnite or Overwatch. Eventually the Xbox crashes. Restarting, reinstaling, using different player accounts,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel S_71, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Daniel S_71
    Daniel S_71 Guest

White spots pop up while playing Fortnite or Overwatch. Eventually the Xbox crashes.

Restarting, reinstaling, using different player accounts, emptying cache, nothing helps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Daniel S_71, Feb 16, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Spots appearing on screen combined with system instability are often a sign of GPU failure. It's worth trying the things mentioned in the other reply, but your console may need to be serviced or replaced.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Daniel. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. PlanetFunny Win User

Xbox is on but no screen on the tv

i had the same problem with the black screen and now it keeps crashing... even when i do the offline update it crashes..The funny thing about this problem is that it all started after the 2year guarantee ended about 2 weeks later. 500Euros for the best
    console (Xbox X) my ****.... i´m not sure if it is worth buying the New X Series
  5. Korhog Win User

Xbox Elite series 2 - White edition

white edition of the elite 2 controller shoud be released only after xbox series x white edition)
  6. Joel Vos1 Win User

cant sign in just get white screen

I have the same issue with my series x with a white screen at my account login. I've tried resetting my console (twice), but the issue remains. I will get logged in with the Xbox app for the initial login after resetting, but subsequent logins are back to a white screen. Is there any other way to fix this issue than a soft reset?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X keeps crashing after white spots appear on screen - Similar Threads - Series keeps crashing

2. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  4. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  5. Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series X keep crashing to this screen?: I have had my series X since April 2023 and over the last few months I have had games crash on me, when playing call of duty this is the screen I get when it crashes. I was running in 1440p 120hz...
  6. Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight simulator keeps crashing on Xbox Series S.: I tried everything ! I have the Game ultimate pass and I’m using it. I called Microsoft and they said they will come back and they didn’t !! They were unable to resolve it !! Any suggestion ? I...
  7. Why is my Xbox series s keep crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series s keep crashing: I been having crashing problems with my Xbox series s ever since I got it for my birthday in august rebooting your console doesn’t help with the crashing neither restarting your games and apps...
  8. Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s games keep crashing to dashboard: I have an Xbox series s digital edition, I can't play any games without them freezing or getting kicked to dashboard within 5 minutes on a game. I've contacted Xbox support, they were no help....
  9. My Xbox series S keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series S keeps crashing: I’ve recently started playing fortnite again and in about 2 weeks I’ve crashed over 15 times, sometimes in the lobby and it’s really annoying because it doesn’t crash nearly as often on any other...
  10. Xbox series X keeps crashing after new COD MW3 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps crashing after new COD MW3 update: Anyone else having their series X keep crashing after the newest update? I’ve uninstalled, re-installed, cleared the cache, downloaded the latest updates and even downgraded the graphics on the...