[Xbox Series X] Jedi Survivor continually crashes during first mission

Discus and support [Xbox Series X] Jedi Survivor continually crashes during first mission in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] TL;DR I can't get past the first 5 minutes of the initial mission as it locks and then the games crashes, and I've tried every cantation I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Will frye, May 20, 2023.

1. Will frye
    Will frye Guest

[Xbox Series X] Jedi Survivor continually crashes during first mission [​IMG]
    TL;DR

I can't get past the first 5 minutes of the initial mission as it locks and then the games crashes, and I've tried every cantation I can think of, and no luck.

Longer Version:

I pre-ordered "Star Wars Jedi: Survivor" and got it installed. I got home excited and upon starting it up it crashed. A quick Google search showed this was a common and persistent issue across all platforms, so I wasn't too concerned at the time. I tried a few more times just to be sure, but the same result: game freezing in the first minute or two of playing, and then crashing back to the Xbox home screen.

Well several patches later, and the issue is still here and I'm literally unable to even get to the first meeting with the Senator. The crashes vary but seem to happen at:

* Start screen

* Right from the get-go after the initial cinematic when going up the first set of stairs as your compatriots talk about "playing a dangerous game"

* Alley Streer with serious red mood lighting and storm troopers providing "assistance" to the locals

* First corridor before you see the Senator talking on a large screen on the wall

* Elevator arrival

* Right after the elevator as the Droid is grabbing you, rather roughly I might add.

Here's what I've tried:

* Reinstalling. Twice.

* Move to external storage.

* Move to internal storage

* Going offline and attempting to play

* Turning game on performance mode. Turning it off.

* Turning off motion blur, chromatic aberration, etc...

* Adjusting the HDR settings. Leaving the HDR settings at default.

* Power cycling the Xbox.

* Switching profiles.

* Toggling everything in the Video settings on the Xbox

To say buying a game at $70 bucks and literally not being able to progress past the first 3 minutes is frustrating is an understatement. Any extra eyes or suggestions, including which animals to sacrifice under a blood red moon, are all welcome.

Details:

Game: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Game version: 1.0.0.7

Console: Xbox Series X

Xbox OS version: 10.0.22621.4480

TV: LG OLED C2 4K

TV Version: 03.33.15

Issue: Freezes and then crashes back to Xbox home screen

:)

Will frye, May 20, 2023
  2. Will frye Win User

Yes! With some patch in the last 5 months I was finally able to get past it. I don't know ow which one because honestly I stopped giving a **** about a game so broken I couldn't even progress through the first mission on a console... which has known and locked hardware and known drivers.

But yeah, after some time I booted it back up just to check in the last month and was able to get through the first mission. I can't say if it was still a combo of any od the things I listed above but I'd definitely try the: delete any saves you can. Delete game and all data. Re-download and ensure you have the latest patch, and ONLY install directly on your drive and not on an expansion card or attached drive. Cross your fingers. Throw salt over your right shoulder, sacrifice an old Xbox game disc under a blood red moon, and try it again.
  3. Chrico88 Win User

I know you posted this is May, but it is October and I still haven't been able to play the game, Preordered it just like you and I've never made it past the opening sequence with all of the walking. I've made it to the first encounter with the enemy once, but that was it. AND, IT'S OCTOBER. I've literally tried every step you have and I cannot play this game. I've reached out to EA. Nothing. I was just curious if you have had any luck in 5 months?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Thank you for your detailed troubleshooting

I would recommend deleting your save file, Locally as well as in the cloud, as it seems to be the only thing you haven't tried. You should also contact EA support, as they are the ones who can Put your information in front of the developers
  5. GabrielRoxbury Win User

They released a broken game. Simple as that. They got your money now they are gone. Same thing with me. I tried everything. Tons of people are having this problem on all consoles
  6. Will frye Win User

Thanks for the quick reply. Just tried it and no dice. Still Freezes, however I took your suggestion and asked over at the EA Answers HQ. Hopefully someone might have a few additional tips to suggest or at least I can submit a bug report 🐛
Thema:

1. [Xbox Series X] Jedi Survivor continually crashes during first mission - Similar Threads - Series Jedi Survivor

2. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  3. Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s: My xbox series s suddenly started giving the above error code when I try to sign in. Everything I've looked up says its a network problem, but my internet is working perfectly, on the console and...
  4. Xbox Series X backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X backwards compatibility: My question is simple. Would it be possible to include an option upon installing a game that is on both the xbox one and series x like fallout 4 for example with its recent ng update to let us...
  5. Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...: NOTICE Unable to connect to a data center, please check your internet connection and try again. 42a3889f-e2e6-42f4-b5fd-896c6ecbf9df
  6. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  7. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  8. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  9. Hello, just wondering can I download games meant for Xbox series x such as Jedi survivor,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, just wondering can I download games meant for Xbox series x such as Jedi survivor,...: Hello, just wondering can I download games meant for an x/s console such as Jedi survivor onto a regular Xbox one? Thanks 82a1f1f5-6f80-417e-bea4-c5a9d44d928e
  10. I have an Xbox one S, and have got Jedi Survivor series X game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox one S, and have got Jedi Survivor series X game.: I got Star wars Jedi Survivor today, the disc game for Xbox series X. I read that it's backwards compatible with Xbox one S but it doesn't work. My console just says that I need a series X. Is...