Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

Discus and support Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am not sure what happened... I was playing it asked to do an update, I said yes, left it alone and went to bed. Now after a week, busy with work,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WadeHinkle, Dec 14, 2021.

  1. WadeHinkle
    WadeHinkle Guest

    Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop


    I am not sure what happened... I was playing it asked to do an update, I said yes, left it alone and went to bed.

    Now after a week, busy with work, etc., I come back to play, the console was off. It starts off showing it is updating and starts at about 36% on Stage 3 goes all the way up to 90% (96% total completion) and then states there is something wrong. Asks if you want to restart or troubleshoot. I hit troubleshoot and goes to the page with four options, but by the time I get to read them, the console turns off. Tried it again, the same thing. I need some help as to what to do, as at this moment, I have a huge beautiful paper weight.

    :)
     
    WadeHinkle, Dec 14, 2021
    #1
  2. Francia J. Win User

    Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

    Thank you for letting me know. In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

    Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

    1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

    2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

    4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

    5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

    When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
  3. Francia J. Win User

    Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

    Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

    The necessary steps that we need to perform will depend on the error code that you're getting.

    Can you please let me know the exact error code that you have on your end? It can be E102, E101, E103, etc.
  4. WadeHinkle Win User

    Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

    I have not seen an error message at all... perhaps it shows up too quickly before I can read it when it shuts down? I unfortunately am in the middle of a 60 work week right now, so the soonest I'll be able to check is Sunday afternoon. Appreciate the help, and hopefully together we can fix it. To me it looks like it somehow shut off as it was updating, but I could be wrong
  5. skeletor guy Win User

    My Xbox One is stuck on an update with no option of restart or power off, for two days now. what can i do? o

    I would switch off and then if its corrupt reboot your console. Otherwise youll be in a perpetual loop of update!
  6. avanhandel Win User

    Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue

    I tried this sequence several times, left it unplugged for days even, still getting the same exact issue when plugging it back in and turning it back on.
Thema:

Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop - Similar Threads - Series perpetual updating

  2. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  3. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  4. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  7. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  8. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  10. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...