Xbox Series X IR dead on arrival?

Discus and support Xbox Series X IR dead on arrival? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is there any way to test your IR to see if it may be defective? I had an Xbox One controlled by a Harmony Elite Hub and replaced it with the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JHendo-[xboxvenue], Jan 8, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X IR dead on arrival?

Is there any way to test your IR to see if it may be defective?

I had an Xbox One controlled by a Harmony Elite Hub and replaced it with the Xbox Series X. I read all Harmony commands should work exactly like the Xbox One, but it has not controlled the new console out of the box. I assumed I needed to add a device to the hub specifically for Series X version anyway.

However, I set it up as a new device outside of the Xbox activity and set it as 'use via remote only' and pointed it directly at the Xbox Series X IR button. Nothing...

Then I tried the Harmony remote I set for the Xbox Series X device and pointed it at the IR on the Xbox One S downstairs and it worked fine.

So it doesn't appear to the Harmony system. Right now we have to use the controllers to turn on/off the Xbox vs the Harmony Elite.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

:)

JHendo-[xboxvenue], Jan 8, 2022
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

Hello Jim, thanks for visiting here for help!

Here are a few things you can try (maybe you have already attempted some of the following):

1. Ensure that there is a clear line of sight from the IR blaster on your Harmony Elite Hub/Harmony Remote to the IR receiver on the Xbox Series X, hidden behind the "bind" button
      • This may be particularly important, others seem to have had success by adjusting where the Hub is in relation to the little Xbox Series X bind button, or by turning the Xbox Series X so that the button is more easily seen by the IR blaster
    2. Confirm that in Settings > General > TV & display options > Device control the relevant settings are enabled
      • You may try enabling Use TV remote for console if it's not already on
    3. Confirm that the sleep mode on your Xbox console is set to Standby and not Energy Saver
    So far, it doesn't appear that you're doing anything particularly wrong. Please let me know how the suggestions go, or if you have found another solution in the interim.
  3. JHendo-[xboxvenue] Win User

Thank you for the reply. I have verified all steps you have suggested. The only question is the device control setting allows me to check HDMI not a remote device like this (see screen). Also I have the IR blaster, even swapped it out with another that works with my receiver in the position in photo. Any other ideas? Thanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. XBF - Amory Win User

Hey Hendo, thanks for your patience in the meantime. I realized a (hopefully not too) fatal mistake I made in my initial post--I'm working with a console enrolled in Xbox Insider's. The ability to use a controller directly with the console is still being tested. For more information about that: Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox Wire. The article explains more about the feature's availability for Insiders.

Hopefully, once the feature is released to the public, this should solve your issue. At this time, I'm drawing blanks on what other solutions there could be to get it to work in the meantime.

I'll need a second to clean the egg off my face, I'm sure you understand. Gentle humor aside, I hope this helps, and I'm sorry that I couldn't come back with an immediate solution.
  5. JHendo-[xboxvenue] Win User

Hello, that solve appears to be a September release so don’t think that solves my issue. Please keep me updated if you think of anything else. My harmony was working on the previous Xbox one that is in the same spot as the series x and that harmony remote works on my Xbox one downstairs, hence I am at a loss on this one. My son can turn on and off from the controller.

Thanks.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Flight Simulator in Bootcamp

Keep in mind you need a series x or s to play ir

Xbox one's arent compatible since they are over 10 years old and this include xbox one x

When xbox one games are made thwy just say xbox one not s or x

However for next gen games it's series s or x or both for digital releases only
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X IR dead on arrival? - Similar Threads - Series dead arrival

2. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  3. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  4. Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 controller dead in 3 months. No buttons bumper or triggers. It will power on but...: Bought controller bundle in december. It's never been 100 percent but has gradually stopped working. At first it would work for awhile or after 'tapping' it. Lightly....
  5. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game is not backwards compatible on Xbox Series consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game is not backwards compatible on Xbox Series consoles.: Hello, I am using an Xbox Series X console and a computer with Windows 11 operating system. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game does not have backwards compatibility support. As Xbox players,...
  6. how do i load red dead redemption GOTY edition on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i load red dead redemption GOTY edition on xbox series x: I recently got the red dead redemption 1 game of the year edition. its compatible with xbox 360 and xbox one but when i load it in on the xbox series x it says this game isnt compatible. is there...
  7. I want to buy left 4 dead 1 not 2 on my Xbox series x/s how do I do it is it even possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy left 4 dead 1 not 2 on my Xbox series x/s how do I do it is it even possible?: I been wanting left 4 dead for awhile now an can't get it because it's no longer available in the Microsoft store how would I be able to get the game is it possible?...
  8. Dead space 3 online pass issue - Xbox series x - 2023

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead space 3 online pass issue - Xbox series x - 2023: Hi, I have been trying to get the online pass for dead space 3 on my Xbox series x but with no luck. 1-When I first open the game i get presented with 2 options A- to enter code for online...
  9. Physical copy of read dead redemption won’t download on my Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Physical copy of read dead redemption won’t download on my Xbox series x: I’ve just recently purchased a physical copy of red dead redemption 2 and whenever I put disk one in to install my Xbox series x fan becomes really loud then it gives me a alert which reads “ wait...
  10. Why is Dead Space not playable on Xbox Series S per the store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Dead Space not playable on Xbox Series S per the store?: In the store on my Xbox Series S, it's saying Dead Space (2023) is not playable on this device. Why is that when I'm buying it from the store? 7a643761-62c9-4f2c-b331-2a209d8154b0