Xbox Series X input lag - even just within the Xbox menu...

Discus and support Xbox Series X input lag - even just within the Xbox menu... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason, my Xbox Series X has some weird input lag when connected to my LG OLED C2 tv. My Xbox One X doesn't have this issue with my TV... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NascentDNB, Jan 9, 2023.

1. NascentDNB
    NascentDNB Guest

For some reason, my Xbox Series X has some weird input lag when connected to my LG OLED C2 tv. My Xbox One X doesn't have this issue with my TV whatsoever!

Please help. I am using the HDMI cable that came with the Series X. Did you just make a ridiculously expensive console and provide a terrible HDMI cable? Do I need to now purchase an 8k HDMI? Are there settings in my console and or TV that can help with this input lag?

It's completely ruining the experience of using the products I purchased from you. I really need help.

:)

NascentDNB, Jan 9, 2023
  2. LukeMQ Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I have an issue similar to yours and identical to other users: even after OS update 10.0.22000.2656,
    on Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu or in any other game that don't give this issue, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. This issue started since about 4 months after a system update. I have reported many times this issue and it has been reported by other users too.
    Analog sticks and triggers calibration from the system menu is missing, an essential feature in my opinion, I'm reporting this since 3 years.
  3. ATCUSN Win User

XBOX Series X input lag and latency

I have an LG OLED EVO G1 series TV, LG claims the response time in the game mode is 10ms.

I also have a PS5 both are connected directly to the TV.

The Xbox series X input lag is noticeable when compared to the PS5.

I don’t know if this is still true but Xbox used to have a feature called input lag compensation which basically penalizes you for having a good connection. That may be okay in an Xbox only lobby, but in a cross play forget it.
  4. Seppomo Win User

Dolby Vision gaming Xbox series X

It's not an issue that requires resolving. It's just a simple reminder that Dolby Vision increases input lag. If it feels like the input lag is unbearable, just disable Dolby Vision for Gaming in the video modes menu.
  5. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

Since you've already gone through the troubleshooting steps and the controller is only 2 days old you have two option. You can either check with the retailer for a possible exchange/refund, or get in touch with the customer support for further assistance. If you happened to purchase the game from the Microsoft store then you will need to get in touch with the online team and they'll take in charge.

If you happened to go with the online team option you can access Contact us | Xbox Support, follow the instructions after clicking on the green button "Contact us" and choose to get help either from an online chat agent or request a callback. Make sure the region on the support website is set to your correct region in order not to find issues with the steps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X input lag - even just within the Xbox menu... - Similar Threads - Series input lag

2. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  3. How do I activate the mouse input with the wireless display app on the xbox series?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I activate the mouse input with the wireless display app on the xbox series?: I connected a samsung phone smart view to the wireless display app on a xbox series s, with keyboard and mouse connected to the xbox. But only the inputs on the keyboard work, and the mouse...
  4. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  5. Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser: I am able to use my Xbox controller with a wired connection with no problems for steam and games on steam but, whenever I try to play a game on Xbox Cloud Gaming the controller enters in inputs...
  6. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  7. Input lag from series x controller on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input lag from series x controller on pc: when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift. this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries or plug the controller in to my pc. I have...
  8. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.: Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X ) both of those machine will remote play to my...
  9. How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games: I have an issue with input lag mouse movement on several games using mouse razer death adder v.2 I think it's mouse acceleration lag as I overshoot the target location with the curser all the...
  10. Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?: I recently traded in my ex console for a new xbox series x. Very happy. However, there is something that has prevented me from enjoying the experience. On that console (ps5) I played a lot of...