Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

Discus and support Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today. My name is Georges C. welcome to the community. Hello , you get some error code (numbers)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeadJerichoUK, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

yes, the error code displayed is '0x80bd0009'

:)

DeadJerichoUK, Nov 8, 2021
  2. 夏虫怎可语冰 Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

Even though i use the dolby atmos app with my steelseries arctis 9x headset i can no longer turn off hdmi audio to my tv speakers

all i get is an error message to check my audio receiver. irrespective of the headphones being powered on or not.

its been working fine since launch, this started happening immediately after installing the september update on my series x

windows sonic gives the same message if selected, as does dts:x for headphones

nothing at all allows me to turn off hdmi audio to the tv speakers.
    An Xbox Series S user from China, this "HDMI audio > off" works fine since I brought the console.

But I experience the same problems in my console after install the latest system update on Sept. 2021.

Now at night I could only mute my monitor to make it quiet and only sound through the headphone which is connected with the gamepad. My monitor does not have an remoter and its progress to mute the speakers makes me annoyed...

Fix the problem as soon as possible plz.
  3. DeadJerichoUK Win User

4. IvanKlass Win User

I was searching for the HDMI volume through all the settings and couldn't find any, that's very disappointing. Most of the time I play when my kid is sleeping so I use headphones. Since I use HDMI-CEC to turn-off TV automatically, lack of this option forces me to disable sound in TV settings. And when the kid is going to watch some cartoons, I had to put it back again - pretty annoying, especially because my family watches YouTube with smart TV box connected to display, also with HDMI-CEC. To outline: I had to find TV Display own remote or go press TV buttons ONLY because of this option being missing. Very disgusting. Please fix
  5. Marcus FelipeAlves d Win User

Same problem. When will this be fixed?
  6. DeadJerichoUK Win User

Same. It used to be a slightly different message. I'm now showing the same one. Im new to Xbox and it blows my mind that A) this issue is even a thing in the first place. I can't turn off my audio? And B) that they haven't made it so that plugging in a headset automatically turns off TV speaker sound and goes immediately to the headset for all audio. This is a feature I have had since the PS4 launch, and somehow in 2021 Microsoft can't get their **** together on this. It's been almost 2 months this issue has been persisting. Fix it already.
    i think they dont credit us with enough intelligence to know how to turn it back on again. lol
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update - Similar Threads - Series longer turn

2. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  3. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  5. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  6. My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system.: My XBox Series S controller is no longer pair to my system. It has done this off and on and fights me to pair it back to my system. I have done the steps to try to pair it back and nothing worked...
  7. Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft no longer owned after moving to Series X: I've owned minecraft on my Xbox One S for years now and recently upgraded to a Series X. Just today I tried to install it but noticed it was absent from my library. I checked the Xbox store and...
  8. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  9. Xbox Cloud Gaming option no longer available on Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Cloud Gaming option no longer available on Xbox series X: Just replying this issue in another locked thread. For me the issue was a double NAT after implementing mesh wifi. To resolve I connected the Xbox to the original wifi network (the one my mesh...
  10. Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots: My screenshots are in SDR suddenly but HDR is fine with games and when I check on 4k tv settings it says that HDR settings are ok. This has been going on for a week maybe my older screenshots are...