Xbox series X: how to properly turn off?

Discus and support Xbox series X: how to properly turn off? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So I recently got an Xbox Series X and I find turning it off confusing. I have the energy settings to turn energy saving and not sleep mode. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kal052, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Kal052
    Kal052 Guest

Hi,

So I recently got an Xbox Series X and I find turning it off confusing. I have the energy settings to turn energy saving and not sleep mode.

If I turn off the console via the controller is the console properly turned off to a point where I can unplug it?

:)

Kal052, Dec 26, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Kal052, this depends on how you want to turn off your Xbox, if you use the control shutdown where you press the X button for a few seconds and the shutdown options menu appears, it will always stay in Stand yb, you will be able to make updates with it turned off etc.

If you want a complete shutdown, you'll have to go through the Xbox menu.

For more information, please check out the following articles from our Support site:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Yes,it's properly turned off that way.Just wait a few minutes if you are unplugging it as the console syncs your profile etc. to the cloud servers each time you turn your console off.
  4. DeniqL Win User

How to properly turn off xbox

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes. As long as you shut it down correctly, and wait for it to go through the shutdown procedure as you are doing there should be no problem at al :)
  5. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  6. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
Thema:

1. Xbox series X: how to properly turn off? - Similar Threads - series properly turn

2. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  3. Xbox series 2 elite controller not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series 2 elite controller not working properly.: My Xbox elite series 2 controller just disconnected. I tried resetting it then reconnected it but it won’t let me move or select anything on it. And my headphones won’t put out any noise. I’ve had...
  4. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  5. Xbox series x will not update properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x will not update properly: I went to play my Xbox series x Monday night and it first started out that the controller would not connect to the system…fixed the issue at first. Then it need this new update from September or...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox series X work properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X work properly?: I bought the Xbox series X about two weeks ago and twice now it will randomly not turn on. I’ve cycled power to no avail, bought a new power cord and now it’s doing it again. I was just playing it...
  7. Astro A50’s not connecting properly to my Series S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50’s not connecting properly to my Series S.: My Astro A50s that I just recently had to update have never given me problems before. With that being said, even after hard resetting them and my console multiple ways, they only connect for chat...
  8. The 'A' button on my series s controller not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The 'A' button on my series s controller not working properly.: The 'A' button on my series s controller, although working, does not register the input when pressed using thumb. However, it does register the input when pressed using the tip of the thumb. This...
  9. Does Msfs 2020 work properly on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Msfs 2020 work properly on the Xbox Series X: I have an xbox series s, and I use it to play msfs and some other games. Frequently msfs crashes and I’ve been thinking about a transfer to the series x. Does the series x have a major difference...
  10. Constant stuttering and voice not being picked up properly on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant stuttering and voice not being picked up properly on Series X: Hi everyone, I've been experiencing a persistent problem -- whether in a regular Xbox Party or using the Discord integration. Whenever I try to speak to people, my voice is constantly stuttering...