Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss

Discus and support Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically within the last week or so i've noticed that my ping has increased and that packet loss has started to appear. The first time i noticed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rymondo21, Jun 22, 2021.

  1. Rymondo21
    Rymondo21 Guest

    Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss


    Basically within the last week or so i've noticed that my ping has increased and that packet loss has started to appear.

    The first time i noticed this war on black ops cold war and then to test if it was just cold war i also tried rocket league and knockout city and my ping has increased on those also.

    I know its only my xbox series x because my brother who owns a playstation doesn't get affected by my issues so it specifically a router thing

    So i was wondering if there was a way to fix this at all

    :)
     
    Rymondo21, Jun 22, 2021
    #1
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

    Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss

  3. GMAN990 Win User

    Three Dongle (Sharing)

    Well your speed isn't that important for live really, a higher upload is good for hosting but its ping/jitter/packet loss that count for gaming

    [View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/74570579.png]
  4. Hellhog Win User

    Does internet speed affect how you play?

    Download and Upload speed do less than you think. You barley require a decent up/down to play. The biggest components are PING and Packet Loss. Packet Loss causes rubberbanding in games and PING is the latency of your connection to theirs. High PING means
    a High Packet Loss (or Jitter leads to Packet Loss too) and what is known as Lag. I have a 20Mb/s download and as long as you and me have the same PING, your 1.6Mb/s download is no different for gaming.
  5. Houdini47 Win User

    Xbox One NAT Issues

    I've started to have issue with high packet loss and the inability to view friends on the xbox. I've done a ping test through command prompt and am showing 0% packet loss.
  6. MasculinEHtor Win User

    Post here if you have high ping and packet loss

    I am also experiencing unacceptable upload packet loss:

    Provider: SaskTel

    Ping: 74ms

    Download Speed: 3.85Mbs

    Upload Speed: 0.69Mbs

    Download Packet Loss: 0%

    Upload Packet Loss: 8%
Thema:

Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series x higher ping and packet loss - Similar Threads - Series higher ping

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Does xbox series x run at higher fps at 1440p?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does xbox series x run at higher fps at 1440p?: Cant fint a real answer to this but my question is would the xbox run at higher fps and more stable at 1440p compared to 4k? Will halo or fornite run closer to 120 fps all the time? Because I know...