Xbox Series X heat issue.

Discus and support Xbox Series X heat issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series X blows out really hot air while playing Enhanced games and the speed of the fan increases. Does anyone else face this issue while... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by STARBOY7888, Jun 9, 2021.

  1. STARBOY7888
    STARBOY7888 Guest

    Xbox Series X heat issue.


    My Xbox series X blows out really hot air while playing Enhanced games and the speed of the fan increases. Does anyone else face this issue while playing games ?

    :)
     
    STARBOY7888, Jun 9, 2021
    #1
  2. Nursemorph Win User

    Xbox Series X heat issue.

    That would be perfectly normal for any electronics product, much less one that is naturally hot anyway (as Xboxes seem to have historically been). Don't forget, you basically have the processing power in the console of a £1500-2000 desktop computer in a fraction of the size so. Any computing device (whether PC, console, phone, tablet etc), the harder it works, the more heat it pumps out ergo, any fans will work harder....enhanced games will utilise much more power than something simple like Minecraft
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

    Xbox Series X heat issue.

    Hello @STARBOY7888!

    Would you please check the following links regarding this matter:

    Also, follow these tips to make sure your console can ventilate properly:

    • Do not block ventilation openings on the console. Even something that seems insignificant, like a disc case, may limit ventilation. Make sure the power supply, which has a built-in fan, also has adequate ventilation. See About the Xbox One power supply.
    • Do not place the console or power supply on a bed, sofa, or other soft surface that may block ventilation.
    • Do not place the console or power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, rack, or stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated.
    • Do not place the console or power supply near any heat source, such as a radiator, heat register, stove, or amplifier. Very hot heat sources can damage the console.
    • Avoid excessively dusty environments, which can reduce thermal performance.
    If the issue persist, your device will need to be serviced. You can request a repair from Device Support. Console registration is required to service your console.
  4. lukeman1982 Win User

    X Box Series X Heat Issues

    The plug your Xbox in the wall now
  5. Bronzetooth Win User

    X Box Series X Heat Issues

    I'm not too concerned and to me it was alway inevitable that the more powerful the consoles got, the more heat emmisions would be become an issue. Having had one of the cylinder Mac Pro in the past, the design they've come up with makes sense to me.

    I've already planned the Series X not to sit in a confined space of a tv cabinet, but rather sit on top as if a mini desktop, I think a little thought on where you would like it positioned prior to it arriving will help overcome any potential overheating
    issue of trying to locate the box in a bad ventilated area which will cause the heat to build up at the top were its trying to emit the hot air.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    X Box Series X Heat Issues

    Hi,

    I'm pretty sure MS have done their 'homework' on this one. They've already had great success with the cooling solution used on all the Xbox One consoles, especially the One X which gets rather warm.

    Like all modern consoles you'll need to put it somewhere it can 'breath'. Those cramped entertainment units are not going to cut it. Put it in an open space.

    Now I'm tech minded, I built my own decently high ended gaming PC and temperatures are something I like to keep an eye on. Hot depends what you think hot is and what these machines are designed to operate at. In games my PC CPU can hit 75c and my RTX 2080
    can go up to about 84°C - that's a pretty toasty 183°F. Although it doesn't do this on all games.

    All computer/console hardware has thermal limits applied in hardware. When these limits are reached (or close to) the system will throttle (thermal throttle). Throttling reduces power consumption and clock speeds, this in-turn cools down components or stabilises
    them to a set performance set and temperature.

    Your console won't get hotter and hotter and then spontaneously combust. If anything, it will shut down before that happens. And it will only shut down as a last resort. There we go, health and safety sorted.

    My favourite tech YouTube channel about consoles (and PCs) is Digital Foundry. They're right on the ball when it comes to these things. Indeed, DF's Richard Leadbetter was invited by Microsoft some months ago to see the Series X teared down.

    These are the guys I'm going to be watching for their complete verdict on the console when it becomes available to them to fully test.
Thema:

Xbox Series X heat issue.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X heat issue. - Similar Threads - Series heat issue

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Why is Fortnite over heating both my brand new Xbox series X consoles ?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fortnite over heating both my brand new Xbox series X consoles ?: I want to know what Microsoft plan to do about this issue. I have seen posts and threads of the community recommending customers send their consoles to repair. That’s madness and criminal. Both my...
  8. Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...: Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without running a game? It doesn't heat up much but that didn't happen with the xbox one s...
  9. Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S - generating heat in sleep mode: Hi all! I’m sorry in advance for any dumb questions I’ve been posting - I’m new to this generation of Xbox as my last console was the 360. Sometimes, when I am not using my console for a while,...
  10. Xbox series S shuts off within minutes - says it’s over heating?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S shuts off within minutes - says it’s over heating?: Hi. Xbox S seems to be over hearing within minutes of playing the new Harry Potter game. The console is on a flat wood shelf with plenty of air around it. We noticed this problem when we...