Xbox Series X Headset Audio Crackling and Disconnecting

Discus and support Xbox Series X Headset Audio Crackling and Disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's amazing to me that this is still an unaddressed issue. Google this issue to find countless complaints for years, with no response from Microsoft.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KiL Zero, Oct 5, 2022.

1. KiL Zero
    KiL Zero Guest

It's amazing to me that this is still an unaddressed issue. Google this issue to find countless complaints for years, with no response from Microsoft.

Why was this thread locked? It went completely unaddressed.

There's something wrong with the console itself. I switched controllers, switched headsets, and there is still a severe (but intermittent) headset issue. It crackles, and sometimes completely disconnects.

People have noticed the issue is worsened when there is a lot of network activity, such as downloading games. I've noticed this as well, but stopping all downloads doesn't always fix the issue. This is unacceptable.

I've since then bought a PS5 out of frustration, with the intention of selling my Xbox. But I still have it. I'd just like my $500 console to work. I'm going through the process with customer service to get an exchange-- but this worries me. I'm probably going to be getting some refurbished console older and more used than my original, and it might even still have the same problem.

• Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this issue?
    • Is there a workaround?

:)

KiL Zero, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello KiL Zero,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

Based on your description, you have had audio issue on your console. I can barely imagine the amount of time and effort you must have invested in trying to resolved this concern. Thanks for bringing this concern so we can check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We would like to further isolate your concern in order to get a better understanding.

1. May we ask what is the make and model of your headset? How was your audio being outputted?
    2. How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    3. May we ask for a screen recording of the audio crackling and disconnecting? Please send it through private message: Private Messages - Microsoft Community
    4. May we ask for the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    5. Do you have other observations that you can provide to us?
    Support articles you may check that is related to your concern:

Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

Xbox Audio Passthrough | Xbox Support

Connect your Xbox console to a sound system | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. RobertBrown(: Win User

Losing stable connection while gaming online

i have a problem with my controller and turtle beach stealths 600’s series 2 disconnecting from my Xbox at random when I’m playing a game my audio starts getting all crackled and then lags and then disconnect from my Xbox.
  4. Moonlord-C8A3F7C0-F1 Win User

MAYBE A FIX FOR THE HEADSET ADAPTER PROBLEMS !!

It's not a cable issue because people with the new xbox one headsets from Polk, etc are having the same issues and they just use a direct 3.5mm cable already.

I've had audio crackling and controller disconnects just using 3.5mm headphones as well.
  5. PhysEdFuel Win User

Trying to get digital assistant to work but screen shows mic is turned off do I need a headset or is there one built in

Unfortunately, there is no built-in mic on the Xbox Series X and no bluetooth support if you're thinking to go that route.

You will need to attach a headset with a mic to the Xbox Series X controller. The Xbox Series X controller uses a standard 2.5mm audio connection for Xbox Live, you can use any standard headset. (It does not have to be something fancy or expensive.)

I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to all!
  6. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Headset Audio Crackling and Disconnecting - Similar Threads - Series Headset Audio

2. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  3. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  4. Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset

in XboX Insiders
    Series X: Audio not coming out of wired headset: I just got the Xbox series x and did the new controller update about week or so ago. It seems since after the controller update my there is no audio coming out of my wired headset. The controller...
  5. How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset.: I just got headphones and xbox already ruined them. The game audio was working just fine until I went into a party chat with my friends, the game audio just stopped working like that. I can still...
  6. Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset: I have noticed that when I have my TV set Audio to TV Speakers it sounds just fine. But if I have ARC enabled(going to my Apple TV 4K Gen 2) playing on my HomePod Minis in stereo. Everything else...
  7. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  8. X Series Headset stopped picking up voice only audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Series Headset stopped picking up voice only audio: X Series Headset stopped picking up voice only audio, tried different controllers, headsets and consoles just to keep having the same problem. No troubleshooting has helped & no Microsoft customer...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X: (I know this is a Known Issue - but I have no audio at all) My Xbox Wireless Headset has barely any audio on Series X - I am able to get audio for a few seconds, but then cuts out and won't come...
  10. No audio through series S controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through series S controller headset: I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine....