Xbox series X HDR gaming at 1440p 120hz?

Discus and support Xbox series X HDR gaming at 1440p 120hz? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I have an Xbox series X, I also have an Asus turf gaming monitor (VG32VQ1B) which has HDMI 2.0 and display port 1.2 My monitor supports 1440p @... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LuckyFuzzball13, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Xbox series X HDR gaming at 1440p 120hz?

Ok so I have an Xbox series X, I also have an Asus turf gaming monitor (VG32VQ1B) which has HDMI 2.0 and display port 1.2

My monitor supports 1440p @ 120hz with HDR as far as I understand. Is there any way I can turn that on for my Xbox?

:)

LuckyFuzzball13, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JasonHalliburton Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

I have a Samsung CHG70, it supports 1440P 120hz. If you want HDR you have to set it for freesync on the monitor and turn VRR on the xbox. Im hoping the series x supports 1440P 120hz with HDR on and not having to turn freesync on at all because its only
    limited to 80fps i believe.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
  4. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  5. robertmccall2 Win User

4K/1440p HDR

Microsoft locked hdr to 4k so if ur monitor dont accept 4k signals ( tick allow 4k box in settings must be selected for hdr) it doesnt work on 1080p 1440p displays usually only if they accept 4k signals. Because microsoft locked it since xbox one s and
    one x. It is hard to understand why they not allow it now because they have xbox series s 1440p 120hz hdr console right?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
Thema:

Xbox series X HDR gaming at 1440p 120hz?

1. Xbox series X HDR gaming at 1440p 120hz? - Similar Threads - series HDR gaming

2. Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x: I got a 1440p Alienware monitor and the series x is capable of running games at 1440p 120 fps. However, I am not able to take advantage of the hdr capability of my monitor. The monitor is only...
  3. HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X: I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when...
  4. Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?: I'm wondering if adjusting the HDR settings would conflict with auto HDR when playing games that features it. adf94f5f-1e53-4f3f-9c6e-1d7b653522ce
  5. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  6. hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv: hdr on my console doesn't work. i have a tcl smart tv that i'm sure supports hdr, but it's not being detected by the xbox. i previously had a ps4 pro and hdr was recognized but with xbox it...
  7. hdr 120hz 1080 on my series s with the lenovo y25-25?

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr 120hz 1080 on my series s with the lenovo y25-25?: how would i accomplish this? to get 120 hz i need to enable hdmi override, but that removes hdr and vrr options despite my monitor being fully capable of both e0497997-6ffe-40e2-ade7-efaad95b8fd6
  8. Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots: My screenshots are in SDR suddenly but HDR is fine with games and when I check on 4k tv settings it says that HDR settings are ok. This has been going on for a week maybe my older screenshots are...
  9. Xbox series X question on HDR content on 1440p samsung Odyssey G7 32 inch monitor.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X question on HDR content on 1440p samsung Odyssey G7 32 inch monitor.: I have an odyssey g7 1440p hdr monitor. When my xbox downscales to 2k will I still have a high enough transfer rate to play games at 10 bit @ 4k downscaled to 2k @ 60 fps with HDR and a 4:4:4 set?...
  10. Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X: I recently got an XBox Series X. Every time I go through the Calibrate for HDR for games process, it will turn HDR on while the calibration is going on, then as soon as it is done, it turns right...