Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital

Discus and support Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am running a 5.1 Sonos sound system through ARC HDMI into my TV. I have an Xbox One and Series X in other HDMI ports of my TV. Xbox One is correctly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheRealGOff, Aug 29, 2022.

1. TheRealGOff
    TheRealGOff Guest

I am running a 5.1 Sonos sound system through ARC HDMI into my TV. I have an Xbox One and Series X in other HDMI ports of my TV. Xbox One is correctly showing 5.1 and Dolby Digital as options for speaker audio. I use Dolby Digital. Series X is only showing "Stereo uncompressed" and "Headset format". I need Dolby Digital. Series X audio testing incorrectly states my TV doesn’t support Dolby Digital. What is going on with Series X?

:)

TheRealGOff, Aug 29, 2022
  2. FaringamN1 Win User

I have same problem:

Xbox Series X linked to HDMI1 on TV to preserve the VRR and from HDMI 4 ARC i link the AVR DENON X2700H.

If I select DOLBY DIGITAL I have Latency on Audio and it’s impossibile to play, so I need to select Stereo Uncompressed.
  3. EhsaanShaikh Win User

Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

Yes i know it doesn’t support dolby atmos but it supports dolby digital which xbox series x does and i connect xbox to hdmi into soundbar it does give me option for 5.1 but resolution drops to 1080p
  4. Helloimbob Win User

Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos sound delay

Hi,

unfortunately the series x doesnt have an optical audio out port so that is not an option - and that also doesnt solve the issue which is specific to dolby atmos.

So according to the manual for the panasonic soundbar i need to run two hdmi cables from the xbox - one to the tv for dolby vision/ALLM and then a second one to the soundbar for the sound

Obviously theres only one HDMI out socket on the series x so i assume this is not possible?
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi TheRealGOff,

We appreciate for your time on this issue and we hope you are doing well today.

For us to further investigate the issue, we would like to know some details about it. Please provide us the details with the following questions below.

1. Can you share with us what TV Model are you using?
    2. If there are other devices involved please share also the model.
    For the meantime you may try to troubleshoot it with the guide of this link

Troubleshoot audio on your Xbox console | Xbox Support.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We are looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello TheRealGOff,

We appreciate for your patience in waiting.

We would like you to check on this trouble shooting article if this work from your end:

If still this the problem persist we suggest that you submit a feedback bug through Report a Problem. You may go to this link for this: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Thank you for posting Xbox Community Forum.

If you have other concerns, you can create a new post here.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital - Similar Threads - Series HDMI Audio

2. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?: I am looking to buy a new monitor. Will the Series S do 1080p at 120Hz on KOORUI MONITOR ONE? If not will KOORUI MONITOR TWO be able to do 1080p at 120Hz. My aim is for 1080p 120hz. KOORUI...
  5. Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X): [img] XBOX SERIES X HDMI PORT I know this is a stupid question, and I already know the answer, given the state of the port, but is there any way this console can be fixed without sending it off...
  6. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  7. Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S, No controller, No HDMI, powers itself off.: I have an Xbox Series S, and recently it began having a severe issue making the console completely unusable. I connect the power cable to the wall, and a good confirmed working HDMI cable to the...
  8. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  9. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  10. Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my series s let me extract audio from HDMI: My One X crapped out on me, it had the optical port that I used to hook up to my Bose speaker. I just got the Series s and notice it doesn’t have an optical port. So i ordered an HDMI/optical...