: Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable

Discus and support : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable and is your pc using display port as a connection, if thats the case your monitor might not want to output 120hz on the... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by The Vortex, Nov 10, 2020.

1. The Vortex
    The Vortex Guest

and is your pc using display port as a connection, if thats the case your monitor might not want to output 120hz on the hdmi.

:)

The Vortex, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Ollieish1
    Ollieish1 New Member
    I am having the same issues here but on the new Xbox X console, please help!

I am unable to configure the Xbox X to run at 1440p/120hz over HDMI.
    I have an HP 27xq monitor, which support AMD Freesync and has HDMI 2.0.
    I am using the Xbox X Manufacturers HDMI cable.
    VRR is greyed out, and swapping to 1440p changes refresh rate back to 60hz.

I am confident i should be able to run 1440p at 120hz??
    Any help appreciated!

Ollieish1, Nov 18, 2020
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or
    there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables.
    No, The Xbox Series X has a HDMI 2.1 port therefore it will always ship with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]

"So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables."

Yes, you can connect a HDMI 2.1 cable to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, you'll just be limited to 4K at 60hz, which is no different to what it like to play on the Xbox One X right now,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 1.4 = 4K at 24hz to 30hz[/td][/tr][/table]

As long as you have HDMI 2.0 port on your TV you'll be fine to use the Xbox Series X, but if your wanting to experience 4K at 120hz, you'll need a TV or Gaming monitor that has HDMI 2.1 ports.
  5. Zach Carlstrom Win User

i have a 4k `120 hz tv; every time i choose the 120 hz option now (been about a week) the tv starts flickering, but every other mode works; 1440 at 120 hz not a problem; whats going on???

yes, even ordered a brand new 50$ xbox approved HDMI 2.1 cable; I'm on a series x.
  6. AnthonyGutierrez3 Win User

Xbox series x

So the hdmi 2.0 and 2.1 have the same connection on a tv but the 2.1 cable delivers more like graphics and the full experience for the series x
  7. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
Thema:

1. : Xbox Series X HDMI 2.1 Cable - Similar Threads - Series HDMI Cable

2. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  3. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  4. Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Series S do 120Hz at 1080p on HDMI 1.4?: I am looking to buy a new monitor. Will the Series S do 1080p at 120Hz on KOORUI MONITOR ONE? If not will KOORUI MONITOR TWO be able to do 1080p at 120Hz. My aim is for 1080p 120hz. KOORUI...
  5. Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this HDMI port repairable (XBOX SERIES X): [img] XBOX SERIES X HDMI PORT I know this is a stupid question, and I already know the answer, given the state of the port, but is there any way this console can be fixed without sending it off...
  6. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  7. Can I use any hdmi cable with a series x ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use any hdmi cable with a series x ?: Or cable included is the best match? 0980d4ea-777a-47ff-a92e-e3641d42e192
  8. Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get no signal from my Xbox Series X with the ultra high speed hdmi cable but with...: So I connected my Xbox Series X to a samsung TV and it worked fine but then I disconnected it and then connected it back now with a no signal/unknown device showing that the xbox is detected on...
  9. My series S come with a 2.1 HDMI cable brought it 6 weeks ago but my tv only supports 50HZ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My series S come with a 2.1 HDMI cable brought it 6 weeks ago but my tv only supports 50HZ...: My series S come with a 2.1 HDMI cable brought it 6 weeks ago but my tv only supports 50HZ and is full HD 1080. I was looking to fimd out if its worth getting a 4k tv or one that runs 144 on 1440P...
  10. Xbox Series X HDMI cable forcing 680 x 420 resolution.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDMI cable forcing 680 x 420 resolution.: Bit of a weird problem. Everything was working perfectly then I decided to test some Xbox 360 consoles I had recently picked up which apparently had faults. Instead of re wiring another HDMI...