Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

Discus and support Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm having trouble with two things. First the Series X won't recognize my 4tb hdd at all and second every time I have to hard reset the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VincenzoPacione, Aug 8, 2021.

  1. Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems


    So I'm having trouble with two things. First the Series X won't recognize my 4tb hdd at all and second every time I have to hard reset the console (which is a lot) it disconnects all controllers. The only way to reconnect the controllers is through factory default reset because the sync button on the Series X is unresponsive. Is there a fix for this or is my console just busted?

    :)
     
    VincenzoPacione, Aug 8, 2021
    #1
  2. ImAice Win User

    Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

    Hmmm, you might want to try using a different cable or check if you can format the external hard drive using a Windows PC.
  3. VincenzoPacione Win User

    Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

    Just tried it out and it connects when external HDD Is unplugged. Is there a fix for the HDD problem yet? Also thank you very much for your reply, it helped out greatly.
  4. ImAice Win User

    Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

    Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    I'm sorry to hear that. It's not normal to be honest but have you checked if the controller will still disconnect while the external hard drive is unplugged? I asked because in most cases, it causes the issue.
  5. James R_Jammer27 Win User

    Games lost after getting new Series X

    No, I don't have an external HDD and most I games I bought and they where still was available to play with cloud. I believe it to be a syncing problem but I have tried to log out and log back in several times and factory reset the Series X and it still did the same thing. I am currently just using the Xbox One S as my games are still on there and purchases I've made from the Series X still transfered over so it may not be a syncing problem. Currently I am going to leave it alone and call Microsoft to try and see if they can do anything for Me.
  6. Maxlength72 Win User

    I have switched to an Xbox series X from an Xbox one S. we used an external sea gate hard drive to store games. The series x can see the hard drive but not all of the games stored on it

    What makes me think it’s a problem with the HDD is that I just plugged in another external drive that I use on a series s and the series x saw all the games stored on it. I may need to format the other hdd?
Thema:

Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

Loading...
  1. Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems - Similar Threads - series hdd syncing

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  8. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

    in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  9. External HDD issue with Xbox series S

    in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD issue with Xbox series S: My Xbox series S will no longer transfer games to my external HDD. I’ve noted that once the external HDD gets to about 3GB of data the transfer from internal storage will start to slow down the...
  10. Transfering games from Xbox One to Series X using Seagate HDD and the Series X States I do...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfering games from Xbox One to Series X using Seagate HDD and the Series X States I do...: I bought this 4 terabyte Seagate HDD for the xbox one and accrued 87 games, some from when I had the game pass. I did some research and I found that just plugging it into the new Xbox Series X...