Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X HDCP Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It been over two years and I’m still having HDCP issues with my series X on Blu-ray and Disney +. The system is directly connected to an LG OLED GX... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ATCUSN, Mar 14, 2023.

  1. ATCUSN
    ATCUSN Guest

    Xbox Series X HDCP Issue


    It been over two years and I’m still having HDCP issues with my series X on Blu-ray and Disney +.

    The system is directly connected to an LG OLED GX and a Pioneer VSX-LX305 via eARC.

    I do not have any HDCP issues with my PS5 or my Xbox 1X all are connected identically as the LG TV has four HDMI 2.1 inputs.

    It not the cables I’ve tried three different ultra high speed HDMI cables rated at 48 GB and my Pioneer receiver has a cable test function.

    :)
     
    ATCUSN, Mar 14, 2023
    #1
  2. ATCUSN Win User

    Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

    It’s not the TV I have no problems with my Xbox 1X or my PS5 they work perfectly fine same TV same receiver same eARC setup.

    I’ve already done multiple factory resets.

    Between the HDCP problem and the horrible input latency my Series X is nothing more than a paper weight.

    I’m not the only user having HDCP issues with the Series X and Series S especially when using eARC there are 100’s of complaints on this forum and Reddit.
  3. Rostom L Win User

    Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

    Got it. If that's the case, possible that the issue may be related to your console hardware. You may need to send it in for repair. But if you believe that this is somehow just a software issue, I recommend that you directly report the issue to the Xbox team using the Report a problem app for them to investigate the issue properly. Check your guide here in reporting it from the app: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  4. Rostom L Win User

    Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

    Hi ATCUSN!

    For us to further isolate the issue, I suggest that you try to connect your Xbox Series X console using a different TV. Make sure that the TV supports HDCP 2.2

    On the other hand, we could perform a factory reset on your console to refresh its system if it's the one that is causing the issue.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

    Xbox series x blu-ray and netflix playback

    then the only thing i can think off is the series x you have just does not like the hdcp handshake on your newer tv. its is defo a weird issue.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

    Xbox streaming HDCP

    Hello, I've unplugged the hdmi cable quite a lot of times at both ends. I've tried all the hdmi ports at various points but it's currently plugged into the only one that supports HDCP2.2 and 4k. It's a Samsung UE48JU6500 fully up to date firmware and software.
    Looking into this, Samsung TVs do seem afflicted by this issue since the Series X release. I did find this on another thread which may or may not be any use:

    "However, disabling "Allow variable refresh rate" in the Xbox video settings solved the problem for me. Still, this is only a workaround and MUST be fixed with a proper patch."

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-x-hdcp-22-handshake-issues/

    The thread is about a different Samsung model but likely is the same underlying cause
Thema:

Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X HDCP Issue - Similar Threads - Series HDCP Issue

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...