Xbox Series X - Hardware - Disc Drive

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Hardware - Disc Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, have two questions here, and just for reference my Xbox series X stands upright like the fridge, so, I am using the disc drive for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JesseLee2011, Oct 16, 2022.

1. JesseLee2011
    JesseLee2011 Guest

Hello everyone, have two questions here, and just for reference my Xbox series X stands upright like the fridge, so, I am using the disc drive for the first time and I accidentally put the disc in the wrong way ( game logo facing the right and then ejected it and put it the right way, was wondering if this had damaged the disc drive, or if I should be worried now, secondly, while it’s installing I noticed it does make some noise, is this normal? Is it ok to use discs in the Series X with it being upright? The noises sound of that of either light squeaking or small taps. And sometimes rapid movement of the disc drive, it’s odd sounding but really unsure if I should be worried of such.

:)

JesseLee2011, Oct 16, 2022
  2. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  3. Smwutches Win User

I've put my disc in the wrong way multiples times, and it's never caused an issue with the disc drive. The noise you're hearing is the drive reading the disc so that should be normal. The console is made to work standing upright or horizontal so it's fine to used the drive while it's upright.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

MW2 crossgen bubdle

series x has disc drive and the series s does not

smart delivery is so it downloads the content for the specific console

hence why the game case has series x and xbox one advertised on it. the disc can be used in series x and xbox one consoles, the series s does not have a drive therefore requires digital purchase.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One Series S - I'm confused

You have names mixed up. There are no consoles named the Xbox One Series S or Xbox One Series X.

The Xbox One/One S/One X all have a disc drive.

The Xbox One S All Digital Edition does not have a disc drive.

The Xbox Series X has a disc drive.

The Xbox Series S does not have a disc drive.

All the consoles can play backward compatible games. The Series S and One S all digital edition can only play games digitally downloaded.

The other consoles can play games from disc and from digitally downloaded,

I hope this clears things up for you.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

If i switch from xbox one to the series S, can i transfer my disc games over so they are downloaded?

what about series X?
    Yes, the Series X has a Blu-Ray drive. Your Xbox One disc games will work on this system.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - Hardware - Disc Drive - Similar Threads - Series Hardware Disc

2. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  3. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  4. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  5. Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording...: Does anyone know when the new update for Series S that is supposed to fix the recording issue is set to come out? Every time I press start recording it immediately stops the recording. I’ve been...
  6. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  7. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  8. Known Hardware Issue with Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Known Hardware Issue with Series X?: Before I file a BBB complaint, file an official complaint with the Washington State AG office, and seek legal advice regarding class action, I'm going to throw this out for discussion. My Xbox...
  9. What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is happening with the Series X Hardware suddenly?: What the actual hell is going on with the Xbox Series X hardware all of a sudden? It is a $500, noisy center piece that lights up is what it is now, basically. It can’t even hold an internet...
  10. Hardware issue and update for my series s

in XboX Insiders
    Hardware issue and update for my series s: Hey guys i want help so bad I've talked to xbox support many time yet they didn't help at all my issue is i have series s with update problem which is when an update drop i click update like...