Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection

Discus and support Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Some time ago I increased the speed of my fiber connection at my home and then I started experiencing strange behaviour with my network. During... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ddluk, Feb 15, 2024.

  1. /u/ddluk
    /u/ddluk Guest

    Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection


    Some time ago I increased the speed of my fiber connection at my home and then I started experiencing strange behaviour with my network. During download of games or their updates (those which size is big like 70/80GB) my pppoe connection after some time hangs up and disconnects. I was able to reproduce it many times.

    How my network looks like:

    XBOX -> switch2 -> switch1 -> router -> fiber media converter

    I checked also with following scenario and the same situation happened:

    XBOX ->router -> fiber media converter

    I followed the steps below to find the cause:

    • Replaced all cables
    • Replaced media converter from my ISP to different one
    • Contacted ISP to check logs on their site, analyze fiber connection and they didn't find anything
    • Tested on few different routers
    • Tested download from other consoles like PS5/Switch oraz direct from my PC and those not generate this situation

    For example it happened right now, during download of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - my connections already hangs up 4 times. From my perspective their is definately something from from my Xbox Perspective.

    Device details:

    • Xbox Series X with alpha skip ahead version 10.0.25398.2923 (bxb_flt_2311zn.240110-1710).
    submitted by /u/ddluk
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/ddluk, Feb 15, 2024
    #1
  2. valérie Richard Win User

    info xbox serie X

    hello is there on the new xbox x series a fiber optic enter ?
  3. CraigAmation983 Win User

    Xbox 360 login problem 80151103

    Hang on it's done it now on my 360.

    So delete profile on series x for 360 then go on a 360 game on series x or xbox one let it do it itself. Go on to your Xbox 360 and then boom it's done it
  4. CaptiveMaverick Win User

    0x80a4000b ??

    Try checking if your Internet connection's Firewall and/or your PPOE settings.

    worked for me. Cheers
  5. wwiltshire Win User

    setting up new wifi connection

    I resolved it with the help of my computer geek friend andf let the xbox connect automatically which it did. I was trying PPOe setup and got messed up there. It was actually quite simple once I let the technology do what it was desigend to do. I am now connected.

    Thanks
  6. MarkSelezenev Win User

    connecting to xbox live through unsecured network

    PPoe settings in network connect, try setting it up there. Go to settings -> system -> network -> select the wireless/wired connection -> configure network -> advanced on the right -> Select pppoe settings, enter username password and service name. Try connecting.
Thema:

Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection - Similar Threads - Series hangs ppoe

  2. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  3. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  4. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  5. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  6. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  7. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  8. After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.

    in XboX Insiders
    After resetting my console (Series X) I'm unable to progress through setup and console hangs.: Basically what the title says, this happened because I was trying to go through steps to fix crashing on 2XKO... In what should be a simple process has now turned into a nightmare, any...
  9. Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...: NOTICE Unable to connect to a data center, please check your internet connection and try again. 42a3889f-e2e6-42f4-b5fd-896c6ecbf9df
  10. Series X often hanging on boot

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X often hanging on boot: My Series X has been hanging on the Xbox boot screen, a lot more often recently. It can happen when I start the console from my controller and also when powering up via the Xbox button the...