Xbox Series X Halo Edition, green screen flash and turns off

Discus and support Xbox Series X Halo Edition, green screen flash and turns off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m terribly disappointed with Xbox the last 3 gens of consoles I’ve had problems: 2x Xbox 360 with rrod, Xbox one X that needed replacement just a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elessar693, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Elessar693
    Elessar693 Guest

I’m terribly disappointed with Xbox the last 3 gens of consoles I’ve had problems: 2x Xbox 360 with rrod, Xbox one X that needed replacement just a month after being brand new, and just a few weeks ago I got the Xbox Series X Halo edition and it’s terrible, it flashes a green screen and turns off quite frequently and it’s impossible to get in contact with your Microsoft support.

After 4 days of trying I’ve finally being able to contact Microsoft Support, and useless at another level. My only option is to send a brand new console and get back either a repair or refurbished one, because they don’t know when they would have stock for a replacement (I bought the console on Microsoft store online by the way); so basically I’ve paid full price for a repaired/refurbished console.

20 years I’ve been with Xbox but your quality problems, non existing customer service and support are really pushing me to a PlayStation…

:)

Elessar693, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Green screen when turning off Series X

Hi Korrtre! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Usually this isn't a console issue, mostly a Tv or HDMI issue, try a different Tv to corroborate or lower video settings, you can also try using a different HDMI cable

Sometimes this works

Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's and TV power and HDMI cable. Wait 30 seconds.

Plug the console and Tv power and HDMI cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox
  3. iFeared EU Win User

Stuck on a black screen after green start-up screen. Not like other black screen problems on this forum!

Im having the same issue but when I try turn mine off normally the xbox logo flashes like its trying to donwload something it stays there for like 5 mins then the console resets back to the green screen and then followed by a black screen
  4. IIIHeKtIkIII Win User

Xbox Series XS Green Screen Crash

I've been having a similar issue on my Series X. Haven't had it happen while gaming yet though (with the green screen). Mine seems to be an issue with video playback. Whenever I'm navigating my game DVR viewing clips, it freezes and boots me to the dashboard, then all my clips are green screen. Then if I launch YouTube and try to play a video, it black screens and crashes the entire console (basically turns itself off). When I boot it back up everything's fine and working again. Luckily I've only had it happen a couple times but I worry that it could turn into a bigger issue down the line. I've also experienced a couple game freezes that completely turned the Console off, minus the green screen though, the games just froze and the console turned off.
  5. mr goosebuster Win User

Xbox will randomly shut off

when it turns off, the power brick stays green and the xbox light flashes green slowly 3 times. I think the problem is the humidity
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Do I need a new controller?

Hello ÚÑKÑØẄÑ ©, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your Xbox Series X controller. Here are some possible solutions you could try:

Restart your Xbox console: Press and hold the power button on your Xbox console until it turns off. Next, disconnect the Xbox Series X from its power source. Turn off the Xbox controller and remove its batteries. Finally, connect and turn on your Xbox Series X.

Restart the controller: Press and hold the power button on the controller for several seconds until it turns off. Then turn it back on.

Pair the controller with the console again: Press and hold the sync button on the console until the power button flashes. Then, press and hold the sync button on the controller until the lights on the controller flash.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Halo Edition, green screen flash and turns off - Similar Threads - Series Halo Edition

2. Xbox Series X Dynamic Background from Halo Infinite

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Dynamic Background from Halo Infinite: Hello, It's more suggestion than issue. As there are already two dynamic backgrounds from Halo Infinite to choose in personalization menu, could it be possible to add title screen from Halo...
  3. XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question: I have the Halo Anniversary edition for xbox 360 which works fine on my Series X for single player. I have played this game both on and offline on my old xbox 360 and noticed that when I start...
  4. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  5. Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X: The game launches will successfully launch. But upon hitting press a to play I get stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services". The game is updated in its...
  6. Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...: I was using my Xbox Series X console last night and all of the sudden the console got stuck in black screen. When I went to Xbox home dashboard to eject the disc with the controller and it won't...
  7. Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X: Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X Tried to update Halo Infinite on Xbox Series X. Stuck in phase of "ready to start". Says "will take a few minutes" then says it's broken and I should try...
  8. Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...: I've been trying to play the Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with some family members split-screening on the Xbox One whilst I join the party using the system link. None of us use Xbox Live or Game...
  9. Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc: I have the Master Chief Collection installed via the Xbox app on my pc running windows 11 and the game seems to be reseting my character’s position or teleporting my character with every...
  10. Can I play Halo MCC on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Halo MCC on Xbox Series X?: I transferred Halo MCC(digital) from my Xbox One to my Xbox Series X but am prompted that I must own the game in order to play it. fb80909d-5328-46ea-ab78-b5786b4b85e7