xbox series x green screen while trying to install halo

Discus and support xbox series x green screen while trying to install halo in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i got home today excited to install and play halo. all of a sudden my screen started going strange now all i get is a solid green screen that i cant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BUTTERS8409, Dec 9, 2021.

1. BUTTERS8409
    BUTTERS8409 Guest

i got home today excited to install and play halo. all of a sudden my screen started going strange

now all i get is a solid green screen that i cant get off of....i hear everything load in the background but cant see or get to it

i have tried the following:

1. hard reset

2. unplugging it

3. checked hdmi

4. check other hdmi ports

i have no idea what to do

:)

BUTTERS8409, Dec 9, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Run this command, see if a screen with 4 options in low resolution will appear.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

If the screen with 4 options appears, select ''reset'' and then keep the games and apps.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One splash screen

Microsoft haven't said it is. I believe the green Xbox One startup screen will stay, and the Xbox Series X/S will get the new Xbox boot up screen.
  4. XBF Aicha T Win User

Xbox series X green screen :(

Hello There ! According to the explanation you have provided, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link bellow and your issue should be fixed.

Troubleshoot system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

If the issue persists , Please click on the link below and follow those steps:

How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

If this does not resolve your issue, please try to create a replacement order for your device on this link:

Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox series x green screen

Hello there @AmandaJ225, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still receiving the same error, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Click on the "Bind" and "Eject" buttons at the same time after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the two buttons. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

In case all previously mentioned troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: Perform an offline system update | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. calawaymurphy Win User

Xbox series X green screen :(

After trying the first link, once the unit was turned back on, the screen is now green from the start up (even after waiting over the 10 min time frame).

We are unable to see where to navigate in order to complete the second link provided.

I will move on to the third link you gave. I appreciate your time.
Thema:

1. xbox series x green screen while trying to install halo - Similar Threads - series green screen

2. Xbox Series X showing just a green screen when turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X showing just a green screen when turned on: I’ve had my Series X for nearly 2 years, never had any major problems with it. Turned it on this morning and was greeted with a solid Xbox Green screen. Turned it off, reset it, unplugged...
  3. Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.: I turned on my console today and the whole screen is flashing green. Tried physically resetting the console, changed the HDMI cord, and tried another port in the tv it self....
  4. New Xbox series x green screen and then switches off

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox series x green screen and then switches off: Brand new xbox series x keep getting a green screen and then switches off 6d9caf54-e096-447d-92c8-38bcdeb0ff28
  5. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  6. Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup: Every single one of my games crashes to the screen displayed here upon start up. I have tried restarting my console, swapping HDMI cords, everything. [img] 234be182-aace-4995-b5b9-733123d6b8a7
  7. Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x green flickering screen issue: Hi My Xbox one series x screen keeps flickering green and my controller disconnects and reconnects same with my headset. It normally then goes back to the green Home Screen or I have to...
  8. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b
  9. My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...

in XBoX on Windows
    My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...: Xbox series x keeps disconnecting everything and going to green screen have done everything I can to fix but still there I can't even play a game anymore 23d0b100-99e8-4489-8944-0b1d49892c68
  10. Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi: I loaded up fifa last night and that's when I first encounted the issue, today I've followed loads of different instructions on here telling me to reset console and other options but I'm still...