Xbox series x games upgrading says that the instillation stoped

Discus and support Xbox series x games upgrading says that the instillation stoped in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox series x games won’t upgrade from the Xbox one version of the game as it says instillation stoped when trying to upgrade a game I have tried to do... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Blood man, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Blood man
    Blood man Guest

Xbox series x games won’t upgrade from the Xbox one version of the game as it says instillation stoped when trying to upgrade a game I have tried to do what the virtual assist is not working

:)

Blood man, Dec 27, 2021
  2. Blood man Win User

The game in question is tom Clancy's rainbow six siege on disk I have taken the external hard drive out and tried a cache cleanup then i tried to re install the game but that hasn’t worked any ideas of what is going on
  3. Blood man Win User

The game will be going on the ssd as it can’t be downloaded because it says instillation stoped at less than 1% I do have a seagate game drive I wondered if that could be the problem
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community

Hello Blood, this happens with all games or only with a specific game, your Xbox is connected to the internet by Wi-Fi or network cable, there are many downloads of games in the download queue, if you can give more details.

And if he's not doing the update correctly try to download the game from the beginning, do it with one game at a time, uninstall the game, then do a cache cleanup as shown in the procedure below.

1. Go to xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds for it to turn off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After that put only one game to install and wait for it to complete the download at 100% does not start the game before the download is complete.
  5. Blood man Win User

The issue only seems to happen with s/x enhanced games I have a seagate hard drive that you plug in to the Xbox by usb should I take it out and try to do what you have said to me as I think it might have something to do with it / edit I have tried to do what you have told me to it won’t work
  6. ngocphi Win User

Ok what are you storing them on

If non nvme like ssd or mechanical drive rhen no it can't be installed on it

Either the xbox series x storage cards or internal nvme only

Patched or upgraded games must be stored on internal or storage card

Ir can be stored on external drives but can't run or upgrade from external

Must be moved internallu
Thema:

1. Xbox series x games upgrading says that the instillation stoped - Similar Threads - series games upgrading

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  5. If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the...: If i purchased digital games on the series s and then upgraded to the series x will the graphics quality for those games be upgraded to the x? 8809f9f0-652e-406e-86a4-8d79b353ef26
  6. Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?

in XboX Insiders
    Upgraded to a Series S finally and now my entire game collection is irrelevant?: So I just assumed that all of my installed disc games would be re downloadable through the “Owned Games” section like a dumbass without looking into this in advance. Just to confirm, if I owned...
  7. I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently upgraded to xbox series x i had games for xbox one can they become an series x...: As an exmple gta 5 i bought the xbox one version will it become a series x or no 438cfa51-fa83-48da-bbc6-09117fce1d78
  8. Game sharing after upgrading to series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing after upgrading to series x?: Hello, me and my brother gameshared previously but i recently upgraded from an xbox one to a series x, prior to this i was the one with xbox gamepass and would purchase all the games and he was...
  9. Can I upgrade an Xbox One version of a game and upgrade it to a Series X version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upgrade an Xbox One version of a game and upgrade it to a Series X version?: I accidently bought the wrong version of The Crew Motorfest for my console. I have a series X and just got the base game edition. However, I did not realise this until I had invested a lot of time...
  10. Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield premium upgrade from game pass on xbox series x NOT LAUNCHING TOO EALY!!!!: Seriously sort this out, literally thousands of people are in the same boat, I bought the premium upgrade on Xbox Game pass for Starfield, and more than 30 minutes after the supossed launch time...