Xbox Series X Game Download Speeds

Discus and support Xbox Series X Game Download Speeds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone I recently bought an Xbox Series X the games and everything is good but the games takes forever to download. It took 6 hours for me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bhuvnesh Elango, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X Game Download Speeds

Hi everyone

I recently bought an Xbox Series X the games and everything is good but the games takes forever to download. It took 6 hours for me to download Forza Horizon 5.

I have a Wired Connection

Download Speed - 287.57 Mbps

Upload Speed - 251.09 Mbps

Latency - 165 ms

Packet Loss - 0%

MTU - 1480

If someone knows any fix for it please let me know. I’m having a PS5 as well but I don’t have any issues related to download speeds. Please help me out with this.

:)

Bhuvnesh Elango, Oct 6, 2022
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Why are my download speeds only getting up to 50mbps on an Xbox series x on a wired connection?

Your download speeds are dictated by the speeds of the servers you are downloading from not by the theoretical maximum your line can support. If that was the maximum you managed with the One, then buying a Series X wouldn't automatically boost speeds.
  4. AustinU. Win User

Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?

I’m on the Xbox Series X. The issue hasn’t resolved itself. The download speed is so bad. How can my download speed go from 100-300 Mbps all the way down to 3Mbpa by switching my networks settings to automatic.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't download Starfield for Xbox one serie X

I have the Xbox one X project Scorpio, I was told that the game can be downloaded in any serie X or serie S (included mine), thanks for the help!!
    Game can only be downloaded on a Series S and Series X, but not an Xbox One X. Xbox One X is not the same as a Series X.
  6. Achievements452 Win User

my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads?

still dont download any faster than 20 Mbps, if i was on my Series X, usually downloads games over 100 Mbps at least, and I have a 200 Mbps with ethernet speed
Thema:

Xbox Series X Game Download Speeds

1. Xbox Series X Game Download Speeds - Similar Threads - Series Game Download

2. Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games: I have tried to stop my pc from redownloading series x games followed all advise I can read but just keeps downloading the games Tried ticking the boxes in the xbox app to stop updates etc...
  3. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  4. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  5. Error Code 0x8007139f when trying to download xbox series x game onto console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x8007139f when trying to download xbox series x game onto console: Trying to download (from a disc) Assassin's Creed: Mirage onto my Xbox Series X. Have the correct version of the game but when I try to download it gives the error message 0x8007139f. The help...
  6. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series s is not able to download a specific game and is displaying “installation...: Hi, I purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 2023 recently and played it for a while just fine. Then the game got an update and it is not downloading the update displaying an “installation...
  8. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  9. XBOX Series S - Game Pass download adding random games and addons to the download Queue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series S - Game Pass download adding random games and addons to the download Queue: Hi, I went to download a game on Game Pass and then the xbox started to add random addons for games I do not own to the queue, when I clear the queue it adds them straight back and other games....
  10. Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem downloading and launching games and apps on Xbox Series S.: Good afternoon guys, I have a Xbox Series S and I'm having trouble downloading and launching games and apps, coincidentally, I think it all started after this last update of the system in October,...