Xbox Series X - game and chat audio playing through both TV and headset?

Discus and support Xbox Series X - game and chat audio playing through both TV and headset? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve set up my series X tonight and gone to play Vanguard - both the game audio/xbox menu sounds and voice chat all play through my headset at the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by y0itsdanni, Dec 26, 2021.

1. y0itsdanni
    y0itsdanni Guest

I’ve set up my series X tonight and gone to play Vanguard - both the game audio/xbox menu sounds and voice chat all play through my headset at the same time. I would only like voice chat to play through my headset and everything else to play through my tv, how do I do this?

:)

y0itsdanni, Dec 26, 2021
  2. Hellhog Win User

Turtle Beach X12 No Audio on TV

Here is another post that I wrote up earlier but didn't post:

Ok, I'm a little confused. Just to be sure, what is not working when:

1. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is directly connected to the TV?

2. Does the game audio work when the Xbox is only connected to the Headset?

3. Does the game audio work through the headset when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and Headset?

4. Does the game audio work through the TV when the Xbox is connected to both the TV and headset?

Note, the headset contains two different audio channels, when connected to the controller, you are receieving the Chat channel, when connected to the Xbox you are receiving the Game audio (the same that would go through the TV). The settings on the Xbox are
    for Chat audio only. That should be set to headset only for when using the headset, this will cause game audio to play through both the TV and Headset while Chat audio through the headset only, if set to both game audio remains the same but Chat audio will
    play through both, and of course of set to speakers then game audio will still play through both but chat audio will play only through the TV. Ideally, this should be set to headset only especially when using the X12.

As for the issues with sound, if it is your TV not producing the sound, check the settings on the TV. Make sure the connections are appropriate. You said you are using Composite, that means the standard Yellow video cable should be connected and the Red and
    White audio cables need to be connected to the corresponding audio for that Video cable. Some TVs, such as my family's still strong Tube TV have 3 auxiliary sources all of which use the Composite Yellow Video cable. Make sure, if you have multiple inputs for
    video, that the audio cables are connected to the correct coresponding source. For example, your TV may have Video 1 and Video 2 but if the video is connected to Video 1 and the audio to Video 2, then you will receive only Video when on Video 1 and only Audio
    when on Video 2.

I'm sorry if any of this is redundant or obvious for you but the first part of this message (the 4 questions above) will better help me in assisting you further. Otherwise I'm slightly confused as to what your second post is saying. As a note, when I say game
    audio, test out a game to be sure. Check to make sure volume is on on devices as well.
  3. y0itsdanni Win User

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - however on my Xbox One I used to have game sounds through my TV and chat audio through my headset separately
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

To my knowledge, there's no way to achieve that on the Xbox console.

Merry Christmas
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Mind sharing how you did that?
  6. VinnyKO Win User

Turtle Beach Ear Force Tango not working at Xbox One anymore

That might be the case, but I have the RF transmitter hooked up to the TV audio out, so I get the game audio through the headset, regardless. One thing I just thought of while at work, setting both audios (game & chat) to play through speaker.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - game and chat audio playing through both TV and headset? - Similar Threads - Series game chat

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. Can the Xbox chat pad be used for in game functions on the series X/S (example: weapon...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the Xbox chat pad be used for in game functions on the series X/S (example: weapon...: In regards to game development and the porting of pc games to the series X/S, I was wondering if said console supported the use of the chat pad to preform in game functions such as swapping...
  6. Xbox Series X - Fortnite Game Chat Not Coming Up on Stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X - Fortnite Game Chat Not Coming Up on Stream: I've been scouring the internet and watching YouTube tutorials and can't figure it out. I want to stream and include game chat audio in my stream but I can't get it to work Here is my hardware...
  7. I can’t hear any sou d other then party chat and in game party chat on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t hear any sou d other then party chat and in game party chat on my xbox series s: For some reason i can’t hear any sound, i have tried everything, audio setting, chat mixer, unplugging and plugging my headset back in, tried different controller to plug into but i still can’t...
  8. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat: Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my game there’s no game sound and when I try...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Not Working With Game Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Not Working With Game Chat: Hello, I recently purchased the white Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller to use on my Xbox Series X. When attempting to talk, the microphone on my Logitech G Pro X Headset does not get picked up. I...
  10. Xbox series x mic works in party chat but not in game warzone 2.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x mic works in party chat but not in game warzone 2.0: Hi all, having issues with in game chat with one of my friends, I can hear my other friends in the game chat except one person. Works in xbox party chat but not in game. Not really sure what to...