XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

Discus and support XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been looking through the questions similar to my issue, but I cant find anything. What happened is, when I was watching a TV show on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andy Mounty, Jul 22, 2023.

  1. Andy Mounty
    Andy Mounty Guest

    XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background


    Hi All,

    I have been looking through the questions similar to my issue, but I cant find anything.

    What happened is, when I was watching a TV show on the ITVX app the picture froze on an advert and the TV program contained playing sound in the background.

    I tried to load a game from a disc and you can here the game music, but it remains frozen on the advert picture.

    I have tried the hard reset with the BIND and Eject button, but still remains frozen on the advert screen.

    I am unable to do the USB solution as I don't have a windows computer, I use Mac's.

    Can anyone help or point me to a post that might help.

    Thanks

    Andy

    :)
     
    Andy Mounty, Jul 22, 2023
    #1
  2. Zach Seery Win User

    XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

    I am having this same issue. My xbox series X has had zero issues for the life of it. I just logged into my account, started booting up rocket league, and the screen froze on the loading screen for rocket league. I tried a hard reset, switching the hdmi cord, and even switching the hdmi port. It is still frozen on this screen. I can press the middle button on my controller and hear that it is registering the buttons i'm pushing. It is just frozen on this screen. My tv is working normally, it is only the xbox that is having this issue. This happened out of nowhere.
  3. Andy Mounty Win User

    XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

    Thank you for replying, I wasn't able to get into any menu, it was like a frozen pic on top of everything working ok behind.

    I contacted Microsoft chat and it turned out to be the HDMI cable, when I swapped the one which came with the Xbox when I bought it in march with a spare I have, it worked normally.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

    XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

    Thank you for the information.

    I am glad that it is working now! If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating, and have a great day!
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

    XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

    Hey Andy!

    Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Xbox Series X console. I am here to help.

    If I may ask, are you able to restart your console and navigate through the console dashboard with no problem?

    If your Xbox Series X has frozen and become unresponsive, the best thing to do is perform a power cycle or hard reset. To do this:

    Press and hold the power button on the front of your console. Keep it held for around 10 seconds. This will turn the console off. A short press will simply put your console into sleep mode, which isn't the same thing.

    Once you've turned off your console, disconnect your power cable and leave it disconnected for another 10 seconds or so. This will reset the power supply.

    Then, reconnect your power cable.

    Finally, press the Xbox button on your controller, to restart your console.

    If the power cycle works and you have succeeded in navigating through the console dashboard, I would highly recommend you perform a factory reset keep my games and apps:

    Before you proceed with your Factory reset I just want to inform you that you will only choose Reset and keep my games and apps to make sure your saved data won't be deleted permanently and also all of the accounts that are set as home Xbox will be removed and all signed in accounts will be signed out from the console.

    To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:​​​​​

    NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

    2. Select Settings.

    3. Select System.

    4. Select Console info

    5. Select Reset console.

    6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

    Once you're done, check if the screen freeze will still occur in-game or while using an app.

    Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. ChumpGoon97 Win User

    Me too. White screen when trying to get on solitaire.

    Been happening for 3 days now. Frozen white screen instead of advert. Microsoft please resolve.
Thema:

XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

Loading...
  1. XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background - Similar Threads - Series Frozen screen

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  4. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  5. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  6. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  7. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  8. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  9. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  10. Xbox Series X Frozen State

    in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Frozen State: I was playing Sonic Forces on my Xbox for the first time when just after getting an "achievement" the game went black and all that was on screen was the achievement popup and it wouldn't go away....