Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console...

Discus and support Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; after some research it seems this can happen with certain games. I first noticed something strange a couple of days ago when I was using the Disney+... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Guylb, May 2, 2021.

  1. Guylb
    Guylb Guest

    Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console...


    after some research it seems this can happen with certain games. I first noticed something strange a couple of days ago when I was using the Disney+ app, it made that awful mechanical noise like when a disc is scratched but I was streaming, it then froze and I couldn't use my remote, I thought it was down to internet connectivity. Last night I was browsing the Netflix app when at first I thought it was the controller needed the battery I was trying to use the controller home button to bring up the turn off/restart button, the prograamme previews on netflix were still playing in the backgrounnd. It was incredibly slow but i managed to press the restart button but nothing would happen, it would just go back to the pop up home menu, then the programme previews stopped and then the console itself just turned off but the controller light stayed on. I had to take the charger pack out of the remote. The console had stayed off for about 30 seconds before I tried turning it on again, the light on the console came on but there was no picture on the tv, just the same screen my tv does when there is no signal. Then the console light started flickering like mad then just went off and again the controller stayed on. I unplugged the controller and left it overnight. I've unplugged it from mains and unplugged the power source from the console.
    The console light comes on, the controller doesn't come on at all, and the console doesn't respond to searching for the controller but the disc button works and the fan didn't come on. The TV no longer recognises there is an xbox, even when my playstation 4 is unplugged the tv still recognises the HDMI. After swapping the mains plug into a different socket, the xbox fan seems to come on but everything else is still the same.
    I thought maybe it was a system update problem but I can't even get onto the xbox to do anything. The only game that has been being played is Dragons Dogma bought from the Xbox store and I use it to watch Disney plus, I only put Netflix on after a week, It's happened once with Dragons Dogma not loading, the screen just going black and needing a restart and another where the game booted up but froze. With streaming, when i press play after it being paused it will freeze a little and then the sound will stop for a few seconds but I thought this was down to the internet connection because I changed provider a month ago.
    I bought it from Smyths on the 05/02/2021 and trying awaiting to find out my guarantte/warranty but I bought it full price not xbox all access.
    Any help or what I can do would be greatly appreciated

    :)
     
    Guylb, May 2, 2021
    #1
  2. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

    Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console flickered and now it wont turn on

  3. OliverAbbott Win User

    Xbox Series X and PDP Media Remote Power/Home button not responsive

    Having the same problem. Both the original Microsoft Xbox Media Remote and the new PDP remote. The xbox buttons will turn the console on, but are otherwise unresponsive.
  4. Michael Paillé Win User

    Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

    My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  5. reforc3 Win User

    Syncing Xbox media remote on a series X

    Hi, the Xbox Media Remote controller does not get paired with your console instead it uses the IR blaster.

    Do your consoles are near or next to each other? Try by removing the batteries for a few seconds and by blocking the IR receiver from your Xbox One Console so the Series X gets the commands (aim to the button next to the USB port in the front of the console).
  6. Polski Pride Win User

    X button completely unresponsive

    Yes it is the X buttton on my controller. I am not having power issues. It is simply the X button that is unresponsive. My A, B, and Y button work, as does the rest of the controller. the problem is only the X button. I am out of warranty so im basically
    ***. Yay
Thema:

Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console...

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X froze, leaving the remote control unresponsive, the button on the console... - Similar Threads - Series froze leaving

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox series x screen froze but I could still hear the restart menu when holding Xbox...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x screen froze but I could still hear the restart menu when holding Xbox...: I reset my Xbox today just for better performance I do it every now and then. The thing is that games say they take a minute or two to load up so I clicked on game after game very fast like. I...
  9. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...
  10. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...