Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

Discus and support Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently using a xbox series x on a msi optix g27cq4. I am experiencing a subtle flickering. Fast change in brightness. Many probably... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pyroschroe, Jan 16, 2022.

  1. pyroschroe
    pyroschroe Guest

    Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)


    Hello,

    I am currently using a xbox series x on a msi optix g27cq4. I am experiencing a subtle flickering. Fast change in brightness. Many probably know this as freesync flickering. This occurs mostly in the game flight simulator 2020.

    When I turn VRR and freesync off, the problem is resolved. But my question is, is this problem coming from the Xbox (hardware failure etc) or from the monitor?

    Maybe someone experienced the same and has a suggestion.

    Thanks!

    :)
     
    pyroschroe, Jan 16, 2022
    #1
  2. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

    if you read the original post he stated he already did that, this is a known issue with freesync and va panels.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

    it's a VA panel, they get the same thing on PC, it's a lottery if you get one that does not do it, setting at 60hz or disabling freesync fixes the issue, it is definitely a common VA panel type issue, i had a 32" va 144hz panel that drove me nuts.

    It's when the fps drops below the freesync range or has multiple drops and causes the brightness to flicker, happens more on loading screens but can happen in demanding games too.

    the higher the hz the brighter the va panel gets and obviously when it drops it flickers and they usually hate lfc too.

    plenty of forums about the issue, just check out blur busters for it too.

    i loved the image on my VA panel, dark blacks, vibrant rich colour, now i am on an IPS panel
  4. pyroschroe Win User

    Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

    Thank you for the explanation! Good to hear its not only my screen.

    I will check it out and also try the 60hz settings.
  5. pyroschroe Win User

    Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

    The screen I have has refresh rate of 165hz maximum. In-game, with freesync on, the range is between 80 and 120hz. The xbox is set to 120hz. In that range I notice the flickering. I will try to find the operating range as well

    Thank you!
  6. pyroschroe Win User

    Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

    Thats frustrating considering they dont adress this issue with a fix. At least I couldn't find anything on the msi website.

    If I reduce the rate on the xbox from 120hz to 60hz and keep freesync on, theres no issue. But that's maybe only because the xbox is able to provide 60hz constantly without fluctuation.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering)

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Freesync Flicker (Brightness Flickering) - Similar Threads - Series Freesync Flicker

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  4. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  5. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  6. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  8. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  9. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  10. Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on

    in XBoX on Windows
    Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on: Hi just got a Samsung odyssey g3 monitor for my Xbox series x should I put freesync premium on a9822800-bb8c-4ca0-ab25-e6248f93659e

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. msi g27c5 xbox series x screen flickering