Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the last few days, since the latest Alpha update, every time I boot up my Series X it fails to connect online. When I go to the Network Settings... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DiabolicalDoug, May 28, 2023.

  1. Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks


    For the last few days, since the latest Alpha update, every time I boot up my Series X it fails to connect online. When I go to the Network Settings and select Set Up Wireless Network, none show up and instead my only option is to manually type in the SSID. A hard boot (power off then unplugging power cord for 30 seconds then plug back in/turn back on) fixes it each time. After the hard boot, the system connects online automatically and even identifies the available wifi network available.

    Has anyone else experienced this? I would submit a Report a Problem ticket BUT I can't do it when I'm offline and when I'm online, it doesn't show the issue.

    submitted by /u/DiabolicalDoug
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/DiabolicalDoug, May 28, 2023
    #1
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

    When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing will pop up

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

    It seems that your Xbox Series S will detect nothing after trying to connect to another network. Let's work on this together in finding the best possibl esolution to this issue.

    There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:



    1. Make sure your Xbox Series S is within range of your WiFi network and that the network is turned on and broadcasting.



    2. Restart your Xbox Series S and try connecting to the network again.



    3. Check that your WiFi network is not hidden. If it is, you will need to manually enter the network name and password.



    4. Try resetting your network settings on your Xbox Series S. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.



    I hope this helps. Looking forward for your response!

    Sincerely,

    Leonardo_Y
  3. JerryCallo Win User

    Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

    The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

    I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  4. PranavChoudhary Win User

    Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi

    Hi,

    This does not work. I have tried doing this.

    Just wanted to clarify again that my Xbox detect every other Wifi network, but does not detect a mobile hotspot wifi.
  5. taidara Win User

    Wifi network detection buggy

    Greetings EssCee!

    Thank you for sharing this!

    -

    Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your router and the current version of firmware, but also the make and model of your modem (if this is not a singel device).

    -

    Which Security method have you setup for your wireless network?

    -

    Does your console termimates to the router, or an access point in between?

    -

    What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

    -

    Thank you!
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

    Forgetting a network

    I'm not sure what you mean by forgetting local home hubs? I believe if you reset your network settings to default though, that should clear any networking information on the console, to do so:

    Restore Network Defaults

    1. Press the Guide Button on your controller, go to Settings.

    2. Select System Settings then Network Settings.

    3. Select Wired Network or your wireless network when displayed.

    4. Select Configure Network then Additional Settings tab.

    5. Select Restore to Factory Defaults then confirm when prompted.

    Hope that helps!
Thema:

Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks - Similar Threads - Series Forgets network

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a