Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the last few days, since the latest Alpha update, every time I boot up my Series X it fails to connect online. When I go to the Network Settings... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DiabolicalDoug, May 28, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks

For the last few days, since the latest Alpha update, every time I boot up my Series X it fails to connect online. When I go to the Network Settings and select Set Up Wireless Network, none show up and instead my only option is to manually type in the SSID. A hard boot (power off then unplugging power cord for 30 seconds then plug back in/turn back on) fixes it each time. After the hard boot, the system connects online automatically and even identifies the available wifi network available.

Has anyone else experienced this? I would submit a Report a Problem ticket BUT I can't do it when I'm offline and when I'm online, it doesn't show the issue.

submitted by /u/DiabolicalDoug
    [link] [comments]

/u/DiabolicalDoug, May 28, 2023
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

When I need to connect to a new network via WiFi my x box series s will refresh but nothing will pop up

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that your Xbox Series S will detect nothing after trying to connect to another network. Let's work on this together in finding the best possibl esolution to this issue.

There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series S is within range of your WiFi network and that the network is turned on and broadcasting.

2. Restart your Xbox Series S and try connecting to the network again.

3. Check that your WiFi network is not hidden. If it is, you will need to manually enter the network name and password.

4. Try resetting your network settings on your Xbox Series S. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

I hope this helps. Looking forward for your response!

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  3. JerryCallo Win User

Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  4. PranavChoudhary Win User

Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi

Hi,

This does not work. I have tried doing this.

Just wanted to clarify again that my Xbox detect every other Wifi network, but does not detect a mobile hotspot wifi.
  5. taidara Win User

Wifi network detection buggy

Greetings EssCee!

Thank you for sharing this!

-

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your router and the current version of firmware, but also the make and model of your modem (if this is not a singel device).

-

Which Security method have you setup for your wireless network?

-

Does your console termimates to the router, or an access point in between?

-

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

-

Thank you!
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Forgetting a network

I'm not sure what you mean by forgetting local home hubs? I believe if you reset your network settings to default though, that should clear any networking information on the console, to do so:

Restore Network Defaults

1. Press the Guide Button on your controller, go to Settings.

2. Select System Settings then Network Settings.

3. Select Wired Network or your wireless network when displayed.

4. Select Configure Network then Additional Settings tab.

5. Select Restore to Factory Defaults then confirm when prompted.

Hope that helps!
Thema:

Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks

1. Xbox Series X - Forgets network/Doesn't detect Wifi Networks - Similar Threads - Series Forgets network

2. What drives are capadible for the series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    What drives are capadible for the series x: Trying to find a budget friendly storage expansion capadible for my series x 42da6d7d-ebb2-4580-b927-7cfe8bd9a6ea
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. Xbox series X no pictuy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X no pictuy: Xbox series X Hello has anyone else had this issue? My Xbox turns on but the screen is black and I can hear things moving with the controller but there is no picture any help would be much...
  5. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  6. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  7. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  8. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  9. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  10. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...