Xbox series x flickering when staying idle on Xbox menu

Discus and support Xbox series x flickering when staying idle on Xbox menu in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I open the Xbox menu with the Xbox button on the controller and then stay idle for a few minutes, the console starts to flicker hard. Especially... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ליעדשטרייחר, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Xbox series x flickering when staying idle on Xbox menu

When I open the Xbox menu with the Xbox button on the controller and then stay idle for a few minutes, the console starts to flicker hard. Especially when switching to 60hz. It disappears after a while when I stay on 120hz and completely exits the game and starts it again. I tried power cycle the console, changing every display settings. including the monitor without a success. It also seems that the menu kinda burn into the display. I have a problem with my console?
    Xbox series x flickering when staying idle on Xbox menu [​IMG]

:)

ליעדשטרייחר, Mar 17, 2022
  2. ליעדשטרייח Win User

I tried resetting the console as you said, but with no luck. The console keeps flickering when I stay idle on the Xbox menu.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Have you tried a different TV or different HDMI cable?
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly try and reset your console keeping games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  5. Francia J. Win User

6. ליעדשטרייח Win User

I tried different HDMI cable and tv and the problem is still persisting.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x flickering when staying idle on Xbox menu - Similar Threads - series flickering staying

2. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  3. Why is my TV screen flickering when my Xbox Series S is connected to it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my TV screen flickering when my Xbox Series S is connected to it?: So I have a Skyworth TV (supposedly 4K but only supports up to 1080p) and I have my Xbox Series S connected to it. Recently the screen has started to flicker when the Xbox is connected to it, now...
  4. White light flickering like a photoflash on xbox series x connected to 4K monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    White light flickering like a photoflash on xbox series x connected to 4K monitor: I have a xbox series x which I used to play in fullHD monitor. I always wanted a 4k monitor and I finally got a samsung 32uj59 UHD 4k monitor and was really happy that now I can get the full...
  5. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  6. Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue): Hello, I'm posting in hopes of diagnosing the cause of an issue I've been having while gaming. Hopefully this doesn't come across as long winded, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in...
  7. Series X UI artifacting and flickering

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X UI artifacting and flickering: Just set up my new series X but the UI is heavily flickering and icons are pixelated beyond recognition. Have tried different HDMI cables and have reset to factory defaults but it hasn't helped....
  8. My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen keeps on doing this weird flicker thing on my series x does anyone know how to...: https://youtu.be/2hcS4X_ITYk i have already factory reset the console with keeping my apps, but the flickering returned. aa7ea374-0be7-4008-a28a-3e7c76d62270
  9. Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Screen Flickering, controller disconnects, Xbox shuts down or freezes. Xbox...: The only way I get it to stop for a short period of time is by when I encounter the issue, I immediately unplug my Xbox, plug it back in, go to settings, and then reset my alternate Mac address....
  10. Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x green flickering screen issue: Hi My Xbox one series x screen keeps flickering green and my controller disconnects and reconnects same with my headset. It normally then goes back to the green Home Screen or I have to...