Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode

Discus and support Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox series x fan doesnt spin while It Is in instant on mode and the console Is warm. As I turn It on, It works fine. Another thing that has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by toncehasimllari, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode

Hi,

My Xbox series x fan doesnt spin while It Is in instant on mode and the console Is warm. As I turn It on, It works fine.

Another thing that has happened Is that when I turn on my Xbox series x when Is turned off totally, doesnt show Xbox logo. The screen Is black for the time It would have shown the logo and It goes directory to the dashboard. The fan thing has happen Only once before and now has done for two days in row. I dont know if It needs an update or needs to be repair.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

:)

toncehasimllari, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Kindly reset your console to factory default keeping your games and apps to remove any corrupted file that may be causing the issue.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Francia J. Win User

If the steps worked it means that it just needs to be reset and nothing is wrong with your Xbox console.

It can be corrupted system data as well which can be fixed by resetting the console that's why we need to perform a step by step troubleshooting steps to get to the bottom of the issue.
  4. toncehasimllari Win User

How It can be done or use that what you suggested in the previous comment?
  5. Francia J. Win User

That's indeed alarming. It can be a hardware problem but we just need to perform troubleshooting steps to isolate what is causing the issue.
  6. toncehasimllari Win User

I cant do it right now but what I did when I found out this morming , I turned It on and Its working. My problem its not that it doesnt work the fan, It Is that while in stand by, obviously if i get closer my ear (20cm from the console) I can hear the console working and if I let It in this state for all night, in the morning I find It warm but the fan not spinning to cool down.

Before almost has Always spinned the fan or the console was cold.

Yesterday a noted that even the logo at cold start doesnt appear.

Can they Be caused by the latest update or they are hardware problem?
Thema:

1. Xbox series x fan not spinning while in instant on mode - Similar Threads - series fan spinning

2. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  3. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  4. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  5. Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.: I've done everything on here to fix it and the only thing that might work is taking it apart to help clear the dust from the fan. Is there anyway to send the Box back even after warranty. This...
  6. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  7. Xbox series s fan question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s fan question: Hi, I have an Xbox series s. I can hear a small clicking noise coming from the fan, but I only hear it when I get close. Here a YouTube clip of the sound....
  8. The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.

in XBoX on Windows
    The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.: The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise when I'm playing a game, but a month ago I opened the back of the console and I unscrewed the fan to get it out so I could clean it, there was...
  9. Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x: Hi all, Not sure if I'm being paranoid or if this is a legitimate concern. Last night I turned off my series x and left it in sleep mode. The fan was on still which I presumed is normal. Then...
  10. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...