Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode

Discus and support Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A month a go I bought a Xbox series x. My problem has happen two times. I turn off all games. I put my xsx in instant on mode. This two times, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by toncehasimllari, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode

A month a go I bought a Xbox series x.

My problem has happen two times. I turn off all games. I put my xsx in instant on mode. This two times, the next morning the fan was not spinning but the Xbox was warm on sides. Every other time the fan Is working and the console Is cold or even if It Is not spinning the console Is cold again. I dont know if this May be a motive, but my controller was charging while It was in instant on mode.

I need to know if this Is normal or It needs an update or my xsx Is faulty.

Thanks in advance.!

:)

toncehasimllari, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Dot spaniol Win User

A month a go I bought a Xbox series x.

My problem has happen two times. I turn off all games. I put my xsx in instant on mode. This two times, the next morning the fan was not spinning but the Xbox was warm on sides. Every other time the fan Is working and the console Is cold or even if It Is not spinning the console Is cold again. I dont know if this May be a motive, but my controller was charging while It was in instant on mode.

I need to know if this Is normal or It needs an update or my xsx Is faulty.

Thanks in advance.!
    go in too settings, then power mode and startup, then restart your Xbox from there, if that doesn’t help the fan turn on then I would recommend troubleshooting the Issue or, checking the warranty on the Xbox and returning it to the store you got it from.
  3. toncehasimllari Win User

There Is no problem with It, it's working allways fine in all other occasions.

It just had this two times when in instant on mode the fan wasnt spinning and It got a little warm.

Is Just that the last time, I found It in the morning that was not spinning and when I came After work, again wasnt spinning but was warm.

I turned on and worked fine.

My controller was charging buy I dont believe Is this the problem since I Do It Always.

I Just thought that at one Moment, being semiturned off, the fan should have start spinning since some part where working and emitting heat.
  4. jaemin515 Win User

that is bc ur console is on standby on. fans will only run when they need to.
  5. toncehasimllari Win User

Hi.

Thank you.

I wanted to ask of there Is a moment when the warm i feel when I touch my xsx on sides should be worrying?

It was not like when Im playing but still.
  6. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It's normal. The console fan will only run if it needs to. I also have an Xbox Series X and the same goes.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x fan not spinning in instant on mode - Similar Threads - series fan spinning

2. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  3. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  4. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  5. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  6. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  7. Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.: I've done everything on here to fix it and the only thing that might work is taking it apart to help clear the dust from the fan. Is there anyway to send the Box back even after warranty. This...
  8. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  9. Xbox series s fan question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s fan question: Hi, I have an Xbox series s. I can hear a small clicking noise coming from the fan, but I only hear it when I get close. Here a YouTube clip of the sound....
  10. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...