Xbox Series X ethernet/hardwire issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X ethernet/hardwire issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been attempting to troubleshoot this from the first day. I bought my Series X the day it was released and it has nothing but problems connecting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephen May1, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Stephen May1
    Stephen May1 Guest

I have been attempting to troubleshoot this from the first day. I bought my Series X the day it was released and it has nothing but problems connecting via ethernet, but all of my other devices on the same switch work fine (Nintendo Switch, TV). I have tried multiple different cables from CAT5E to CAT6, even a CAT7. I have made it work a few times and sometimes it will even work for a few days, but then all of the sudden, it will just stop working. I will reset everything, go back to step 1, and usually can't get it going again. Xbox will say I'm connected and everything is good, but I will not be able to connect or play any games.

I have set up a static IP, opened all the ports, and have an open NAT status. I have tried to talk to Microsoft in regards to this situation, but for some reason, their chat does not seem to work for me. It says that they will call me and I will never receive a phone call despite numerous attempts.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting techniques recommended such as clearing mac address, power cycles, xbox reset, etc. During this time I have went through 3 different routers which all have had the same problems.

I do not seem to be alone with this issue, it seems to be a relatively common question posted on the forums and Microsoft still has yet to admit that this could be a defect among the Series X. I have been using WIFI since owning the device, but I'd really love to take advantage of all of my bandwidth using ethernet as it's about 6-7 times faster than what I get on WIFI due to my location.

:)

Stephen May1, Jan 21, 2023
  2. Stephen May1 Win User

Hi Dericka. I do not need to do that, I’m not sure if you have read my post, but I said this has happened over 3 years and multiple different routers and modems during this time. This is more advanced of an issue than “reset your modem”
  3. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to restart your modem and check if there's any changes? Thanks!
  4. Dericka Win User

5. Stephen May1 Win User

Yes all of the ports are forwarded and I have an open NAT
  6. Dericka Win User

Oh, you won't need to reach them. Please follow "Submit a service order request". Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X ethernet/hardwire issues - Similar Threads - Series ethernet hardwire

2. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  3. Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...: Basically title. What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster? 1d3c8e9e-76c8-4e26-9000-593a4684f141
  4. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  5. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  6. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  7. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  8. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  9. Xbox series S ethernet port broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S ethernet port broken: During a thunderstorm a few months ago, my router connected to Xbox series S received a shock that caused it to be knocked out. Upon restarting the router and turning on my Xbox, it seemed as if...
  10. Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection

in XboX Insiders
    Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection: Doing some testing on my xbox and noticed my latency was pretty high for some reason (between 53-60, even hit 101 on one test) I checked on my laptop and I am on 12 ms ping. I have gone through...