Xbox Series X - ethernet disconnects and won't reconnect

Discus and support Xbox Series X - ethernet disconnects and won't reconnect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am getting incedent of random ethernet disconnects (usually in game, but also when moving a game from one drive to another). When this happens, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MerlinJnr, Nov 16, 2020.

1. MerlinJnr
    MerlinJnr Guest

I am getting incedent of random ethernet disconnects (usually in game, but also when moving a game from one drive to another).

When this happens, the options in network settings blank out. When I swap to WiFi, having disconnected ethernet cable, the xbox tells me I still have cable attached so can't connect to WiFi either. The only way I can get the xbox to recognise the ethernet
    again is to hard shut the xbox, remove the power cable for 2 mins and then restart it.

It is freekin annoying. Is anyone having this issue? Is there a more permenant fix?

Thanks.

:)

MerlinJnr, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Edwin Omar Dávila R Win User

Contact support it could be a defective console.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/
  3. Mr Abod Win User

Xbox Download speeds

disconnect from the network and then reconnect, if ethernet plugged just disconnect and reconnect
  4. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  5. ScottCourt Win User

Can't connect to XBOX LIVE

Are you using a wired connection? If your Xbox says the ethernet cable is not connected, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable?
  6. chevronsam Win User

Constant disconnecting and reconnecting from Xbox Live

Nope, its still disconnecting and reconnecting with the Ethernet as well
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - ethernet disconnects and won't reconnect - Similar Threads - Series ethernet disconnects

2. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  3. Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...: Basically title. What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster? 1d3c8e9e-76c8-4e26-9000-593a4684f141
  4. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  5. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  6. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  7. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  8. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  9. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet: My series X is disconnecting from the internet, it isn’t a router or internet as I’m getting signal to my laptop and other devices. Only solution is unplugging the internet from the back of the...
  10. xbox series X keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and im connected to ethernet , I...

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series X keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and im connected to ethernet , I...: Help submitted by /u/Hot_Bag1051 [link] [comments]