Xbox Series X Energy Saving Mode and auto Updates

Discus and support Xbox Series X Energy Saving Mode and auto Updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that recently my Series X, even if in energy saving mode, is checking for system updates (and maybe games also?) when it is off (e.g. at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Grifil, Jan 21, 2021.

  1. Grifil
    Grifil Guest

    Xbox Series X Energy Saving Mode and auto Updates


    Hi,

    I noticed that recently my Series X, even if in energy saving mode, is checking for system updates (and maybe games also?) when it is off (e.g. at nightime).

    I can tell this because in the system update settings menu it clearly says that it searched automatically for updates at a given time.

    Now, I was pretty sure that this shouldn’t be possible, according to literature and common knowledge (even on Microsoft power off modes dedicated page it clearly says that the console is shut off when in energy saving).

    How is this possible? Is there a chance that the console activates itself sometimes to check and then shuts off again???

    :)
     
    Grifil, Jan 21, 2021
    #1
  2. eviltedi Win User

    Turning off automatic game updates.

    @ Omegga,

    Go to settings, power and start up, and select energy saving mode. The Xbox will not auto update after doing that.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

    XBOX ONE FAN (im not a fan)

    Hi, if you have instant on mode set in the power options the fan will indeed keep spinning, try changing to energy saving mode.

    There are some drawbacks with energy saving mode though such as the Xbox will not auto update etc.

    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes
  4. iulion Win User

    Bose system with Xbox One

    If your Xbox is set to "Energy-saving Mode" there is no sound output during the initial startup of the Xbox One which won't trigger the auto-wake feature on your bose Solo 15 series.

    The auto-wake however will work when you output a sound from the Xbox system like saying "Xbox Go To Netflix".

    You can either setup your Xbox One to do a full start and deaktivate Energy saving mode. Or you use the remote signal function as already described.
  5. Bhutankam Pema Win User

    Games Auto-Install?

    You can Change this settings for Auto Update in Settings.

    I believe that I saw that in Energy Settings...

    I`m shure when you Switch to energy save mode it will not do that, but i ment there was a Option for Auto Update games... please take a look and tell me if you found it?
  6. les lane Win User

    HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

    …LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
Thema:

Xbox Series X Energy Saving Mode and auto Updates

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Energy Saving Mode and auto Updates - Similar Threads - Series Energy Saving

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Xbox Series S energy mode and fan

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S energy mode and fan: Hello there, and thanks for your detailed (preferred)answers beforehand! I have several questions. The first question is: when the fan isn't working on a series s, do you recommend putting...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x energy saving updates

    ,
  2. do updates occur when xbox one is in energy saver mide?