Xbox Series X energy saving always on?

Discus and support Xbox Series X energy saving always on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I have a question regarding the Xbox Series X behavior while powered off. to note I have the system on energy saving mode. I have noticed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xion4360, Jan 7, 2021.

  1. Xion4360
    Xion4360 Guest

    Xbox Series X energy saving always on?


    Hello.

    I have a question regarding the Xbox Series X behavior while powered off. to note I have the system on
    energy saving mode.

    I have noticed the console remains connected to my wifi network at all times when turned off. I have tried turning off remote features but that did not make a difference. Going to the power options and doing a "full shutdown" seems to give the expected result
    as far as disconnecting wifi, but the common way of turning the system off is to hold the home button on the controller and selecting power off.

    The Xbox One X did not behave this way and fully shut down when in energy saving mode and turned off. Perhaps this is not intended and could be fixed in a future update.

    :)
     
    Xion4360, Jan 7, 2021
    #1
  2. DReason13 Win User

    Many blu-rays won't play on my Xbox One X

    My console has always been on energy saving mode.
  3. LegoNinja187 Win User

    Force quitting games before shutting down console?

    I'm pretty sure the console would quit the game before shutting down whilst in energy saving mode, I've simply turned my Xbox One X off due to rage a few times, and when I turned it back on (from energy saving) I had to launch the game, not resume, launch
    again to play.

    It's always best to save your game progress, and go back to a main menu before quitting a game, just to be sure that your progress is saved, I haven't heard of any games becoming corrupt due to not force quitting them.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

    Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon on xbox series x when i wanna turn it off?

    Hi Sina,

    In addition to Nathan’s answers above, you may want to enable the shutdown option (energy saving) power mode if you’re concerned about the energy consumption and the amount of time your console takes to power off. Refer to:

    About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

    It’s honestly nothing to worry about as long as your console is positioned correctly and well ventilated, though. The power cable should ideally be connected directly to the wall outlet with no extension cables in the setup if possible :)

    How to position and ventilate your Xbox console | Xbox Support

    Also, as you have a Series X, I’d recommend reading through the official Xbox Series X|S FAQ

    Hope this helps.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    When I turn off the Xbox, the game download stops

    Which type of Xbox do you own?

    If it's a Series X or S, you no longer have to put it into "instant on" (now called "sleep") mode for downloads to continue once the console is turned off. They will continue in "shut down" (previously called "energy saving") mode too.

    In that instance, it's more likely to be some kind of router/networking issue.
  6. AHiddenDRUMMR Win User

    Xbox One X Randomly powering off

    The xbox is on energy saving mode already. Ive tried everything. I think its something to do with the xbox one X. Something with a system update or a bad batch of new xbox one x consoles.
Thema:

Xbox Series X energy saving always on?

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X energy saving always on? - Similar Threads - Series energy saving

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Xbox Series S energy mode and fan

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S energy mode and fan: Hello there, and thanks for your detailed (preferred)answers beforehand! I have several questions. The first question is: when the fan isn't working on a series s, do you recommend putting...