Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.

Discus and support Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Xbox community, I would first like to piggyback off of another user Thomas’ post. They experienced the same issue with their Xbox series X as I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pete1996, May 9, 2023.

  1. Pete1996
    Pete1996 Guest

    Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.


    Hello Xbox community,

    I would first like to piggyback off of another user Thomas’ post. They experienced the same issue with their Xbox series X as I have, but it seems as though the discussion was locked and no actual answer was found.

    Here is their post, with a OneDrive link showcasing the sound that both myself and Thomas have experienced with our consoles.

    “I would like to know if the behaviour of my xbox is "by design" or if there is a problem with it: while turned on all is good, quiet as it can be. As soon as I turn my Series X off, it emits a high-pitched beeping sound that does not stop. I recorded the sound and uploaded it to my one drive ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au-m8TRmTRvOgxRbFOwVqJqmVxPg?e=GxrexA ) I already sent it to the Xbox service with the outcome nothing changed, they made hardware tests but that's it. As a present the Xbox Service scratched my Xbox next to the disc drive and added a bump at the bottom as well. Thanks for that, btw.

    Whoever reads this, do you hear a beeping noise while your Series X is turned off or is it completely quiet? This sound is so loud during the night that I woke up from it. I know that the support won't help me, rather damage the casing of my Series X even more - you can't call anyone to explain it in detail because you only get to a bot or you can open a new service request.”

    Furthermore, I would like to point out that I can’t tell any technical issues with the Xbox. It runs, starts up and shut downs completely fine. However the noise is very irritating and, as pointed out by somebody on a Reddit post, it could be indicating a part that is failing and I would like to know if this needs immediate attention before my Xbox decides to malfunction.

    Thomas didn’t seem to have much faith in Technical Support, and my console is out of warranty anyway, so I would be interested to see if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what steps did you take to resolve it, if at all?

    Thanks for reading,

    Pete

    :)
     
    Pete1996, May 9, 2023
    #1
  2. Jompa Backflip Win User

    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 controller - Annoying noises when vibrating.

    The sound starts when the motors first engage and is audible at every intensity, especially at lower power levels. The sound is a high pitched whine that stays at the same frequency no matter how fast the motor spins. Sounds almost like morse code or coil whine. The sound does not appear when vibration is turned off, but I don't consider that a solution to the problem.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Party Chat Quality

    Noise cancellation requires removal of certain frequencies from the sound which will affect quality when everything is being taken in by the same microphone. The only way to stop it is to turn it off
  4. MikeZ PL Win User

    Battlefield 2042 hard crashing series X

    Same thing happening to me on Xbox series X. Usually on high action areas. When game was lunched bug was turning off screen and fan, but Xbox light stayed on. Then Microsoft patch resolved issue. This time Xbox is switched off completely. I will try to limit FOV. Hope EA and Microsoft will look into this asap.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

    that is what would be called coil whine from the vrms or power supply, i work with laptops and pc's as an engineer for my work and a lot of new systems have this (hp being the worse for it especially the 14-ce3 models), usually you get it from gpu cards on pc when its drawing a lot of power. if you can hear it more than 2 meters away in the quiet then i would get it exchanged as that falls outside of the tolerance.

    it will most likely be coming from the power board in the unit. its not dangerous, just annoying.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

    yeah i would get an exchange, most manufacturers allow a tolerance of upto 2m, hearing anything over 2m in a reasonably quiet room would be classed as excessive.
Thema:

Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off. - Similar Threads - Series emitting high

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...