Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

Discus and support Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Xbox community, I would like to know if the behaviour of my xbox is "by design" or if there is a problem with it: while turned on all is good,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThomasHaßler, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

Hello Xbox community,

I would like to know if the behaviour of my xbox is "by design" or if there is a problem with it: while turned on all is good, quiet as it can be. As soon as I turn my Series X off, it emits a high-pitched beeping sound that does not stop. I recorded the sound and uploaded it to my one drive ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au-m8TRmTRvOgxRbFOwVqJqmVxPg?e=GxrexA ) I already sent it to the Xbox service with the outcome nothing changed, they made hardware tests but that's it. As a present the Xbox Service scratched my Xbox next to the disc drive and added a bump at the bottom as well. Thanks for that, btw.

Whoever reads this, do you hear a beeping noise while your Series X is turned off or is it completely quiet? This sound is so loud during the night that I woke up from it. I know that the support won't help me, rather damage the casing of my Series X even more - you can't call anyone to explain it in detail because you only get to a bot or you can open a new service request.

Thanks for reading,

Thomas

:)

ThomasHaßler, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

that is what would be called coil whine from the vrms or power supply, i work with laptops and pc's as an engineer for my work and a lot of new systems have this (hp being the worse for it especially the 14-ce3 models), usually you get it from gpu cards on pc when its drawing a lot of power. if you can hear it more than 2 meters away in the quiet then i would get it exchanged as that falls outside of the tolerance.

it will most likely be coming from the power board in the unit. its not dangerous, just annoying.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

yeah i would get an exchange, most manufacturers allow a tolerance of upto 2m, hearing anything over 2m in a reasonably quiet room would be classed as excessive.
  4. ThomasHaßler Win User

Thanks for the quick reply and for giving me the terminology! It will help me a lot in explaining the problem. I can hear it while sitting on my sofa, Series X being 2,5 meters away.
  5. Schabilionaire Win User

Xbox One February Update - TV Speakers now emit an audible high-pitched whine/static sound

I'm experiencing this same thing. At first it only occurred in game when a high pitched noise went off and then it would continue screeching long after the match was over. Now there's just a constant high pitched sound that my tv is sending off when I turn
    on the Xbox One. This only started happening after the update for me as well. I've done all those same things and it's still persisting.
  6. SeanPride Win User

Wireless Mic

Here are a few things to consider:

1. 1. Two beeps will confirm that you have changed the mute setting. If you hear high-pitched beeps and then low-pitched beeps, the mute function is not turned on. If you hear low-pitched beeps and then high -pitched beeps, the mute function is not turned
      off.
    2. 2. Check that the voice function is not muted in the Xbox Guide. To do this, press the Xbox Guide button, select Personal Settings, and then select Voice.
    If these steps do not fix the problem, you may need to contact Xbox Customer Support about replacing your headset.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off - Similar Threads - Series emits high

2. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  5. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  6. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  7. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  8. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  9. YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S: Hi all. Recently I got a series S and it's worked great, for the most part. Other issues aside, sometimes when I launch YouTube and click on a video, it will hang on a black screen, and then force...
  10. Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.: Hello Xbox community, I would first like to piggyback off of another user Thomas’ post. They experienced the same issue with their Xbox series X as I have, but it seems as though the discussion...