Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

Discus and support Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Xbox community, I would like to know if the behaviour of my xbox is "by design" or if there is a problem with it: while turned on all is good,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThomasHaßler, Mar 25, 2021.

  1. Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off


    Hello Xbox community,

    I would like to know if the behaviour of my xbox is "by design" or if there is a problem with it: while turned on all is good, quiet as it can be. As soon as I turn my Series X off, it emits a high-pitched beeping sound that does not stop. I recorded the sound and uploaded it to my one drive ( https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au-m8TRmTRvOgxRbFOwVqJqmVxPg?e=GxrexA ) I already sent it to the Xbox service with the outcome nothing changed, they made hardware tests but that's it. As a present the Xbox Service scratched my Xbox next to the disc drive and added a bump at the bottom as well. Thanks for that, btw.

    Whoever reads this, do you hear a beeping noise while your Series X is turned off or is it completely quiet? This sound is so loud during the night that I woke up from it. I know that the support won't help me, rather damage the casing of my Series X even more - you can't call anyone to explain it in detail because you only get to a bot or you can open a new service request.

    Thanks for reading,

    Thomas

    :)
     
    ThomasHaßler, Mar 25, 2021
    #1
  2. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

    that is what would be called coil whine from the vrms or power supply, i work with laptops and pc's as an engineer for my work and a lot of new systems have this (hp being the worse for it especially the 14-ce3 models), usually you get it from gpu cards on pc when its drawing a lot of power. if you can hear it more than 2 meters away in the quiet then i would get it exchanged as that falls outside of the tolerance.

    it will most likely be coming from the power board in the unit. its not dangerous, just annoying.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

    yeah i would get an exchange, most manufacturers allow a tolerance of upto 2m, hearing anything over 2m in a reasonably quiet room would be classed as excessive.
  4. ThomasHaßler Win User

    Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

    Thanks for the quick reply and for giving me the terminology! It will help me a lot in explaining the problem. I can hear it while sitting on my sofa, Series X being 2,5 meters away.
  5. Schabilionaire Win User

    Xbox One February Update - TV Speakers now emit an audible high-pitched whine/static sound

    I'm experiencing this same thing. At first it only occurred in game when a high pitched noise went off and then it would continue screeching long after the match was over. Now there's just a constant high pitched sound that my tv is sending off when I turn
    on the Xbox One. This only started happening after the update for me as well. I've done all those same things and it's still persisting.
  6. SeanPride Win User

    Wireless Mic

    Here are a few things to consider:

    1. 1. Two beeps will confirm that you have changed the mute setting. If you hear high-pitched beeps and then low-pitched beeps, the mute function is not turned on. If you hear low-pitched beeps and then high -pitched beeps, the mute function is not turned
      off.
    2. 2. Check that the voice function is not muted in the Xbox Guide. To do this, press the Xbox Guide button, select Personal Settings, and then select Voice.
    If these steps do not fix the problem, you may need to contact Xbox Customer Support about replacing your headset.
Thema:

Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X emits a high-pitched continuous beeping noise after being turned off - Similar Threads - Series emits high

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X emitting high frequency sound when turned off.: Hello Xbox community, I would first like to piggyback off of another user Thomas’ post. They experienced the same issue with their Xbox series X as I have, but it seems as though the discussion...