Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel

Discus and support Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This issue is documented VASTLY on both Reddit, AVSForums etc. My Setup: Xbox Series X > LG C9 > Samsung Q990B Audio Passthrough, eARC, Dolby Atmos... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sptz, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Sptz
    Sptz Guest

This issue is documented VASTLY on both Reddit, AVSForums etc.

My Setup: Xbox Series X > LG C9 > Samsung Q990B

Audio Passthrough, eARC, Dolby Atmos Home Theatre on Xbox. It doesn't matter if Upmixing is ON or OFF in the Dolby Atmos app.

Issue: Dolby Atmos Home Theatre when in Dashboard or NON-Atmos games means no center channel at all.

Replicate: Very easy to replicate, turn on Dolby Atmos Home Theatre in Sound Settings, you'll immediately notice in the dashboard but open up Rocket League, free play, there you go. No car engine or ball sound as those are 100% center channel.

This issue does not occur when playing ATMOS games. But then again, how many Atmos games are there? Can't ever find a proper updated list, there's no mention in the game cards, it's an absolute mess.

What's even worse is that if you open an Atmos game and it's working fine but then go back to the Xbox dashboard, the center channel starts fading away when you're moving about in the dashboard. You can hear it loud and clear in the beginning and then it slowly fades away. This goes to show this issue appears to be FIXABLE, because if it works for 5 seconds or so then why does it not work all the time?

:)

2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Center Channel Audio has vanished

3. ChrisShivers1 Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

By chance do you have a Dolby Atmos setup? Also, I have those settings to choose from as well, BUT this original issue still remains. The center channel still doesn’t play properly (in Dolby Atmos).

As an update to all reading this, or more of a verification that MSFT messed something up. I just upgraded to an Apple TV 4K device two days ago. I can literally jump between it and Xbox series X running the exact YouTube video, and can completely confirm the lack of center channel audio using the series X.

Anyway, with the new update coming that will allow us to literally test our individual setups, I’m kinda looking forward to the flood of complaints MSFT is about to get. It’ll be unavoidable (IMO) for them to ignore this major issue.

My setup for anyone with questions:

LG C9 65”

Xbox Series X

Denon 8500HA (Reference)

15 speakers in a 7.2.6 Dolby Atmos configuration.

Apple TV 4K (which has resolved all my streaming issues, games obviously still have center channel issues).

200+ Mb internet.
  4. Sptz Win User

I understand this that's why I made this thread. The soundbar does not advertise its limitations. It should because I wouldn't have bought it then and surely, this can be updated/fixed through firmware? But obviously Samsung will fix this in the next soundbar version in order to milk more money out of customers.

Thing is, if it doesn't support MAT 2.0 then why do atmos native games work properly?
  5. Sptz Win User

This.

I thought I had fixed the issue by changing the sound mode to Standard.

Well, center channel now works but no subwoofer. Unless you open a native atmos game of course.

But yeah, subwoofer not working in Standard with dolby atmos home theater on Xbox.

Btw, my settings have always been, pass through, eARC on, bitstream, allow passthrough on Xbox audio settings.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi Sptz,

We appreciate your feedback.

We would agree with you when you said that you needed to voice this out so Microsoft will listen about the Dolby Atmos Home Theatre feature. Microsoft listen to customers, and we, here in Community, need to make sure that this feedback should be read by the right team. That customers like you are requesting for this Dolby Atmos Home Theatre feature to be the basis of all sounds / music / contents of Microsoft for Xbox or anything for Xbox Console. However, for specific games, this should be addressed straight to the game developers.

We believe you have knowledge on how to develop games and even software or system or let just be broad in saying content creation. Because this Dolby Atmos Home Theatre feature is available for any content creation to be incorporated to the game or apps or system. Which means that releasing this feature might take time. So, please make sure to raise this feedback right away. For the team to consider this in the future update.

Any case, this could be a feature that is available already. This thread is open, so anyone here in Community can confirm and provide insight about this topic.

As stated on Xbox Series X page: The console is the first of all to support gaming in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Might mean that when you are on Xbox dashboard, it is not part of your favorite game but of system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, we support you in your good vision and highly encourage you to submit a feedback to the team:

Have a great day! If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel - Similar Threads - Series Dolby Atmos

2. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X: Hello, I tried researching this topic and root causing my issue but I'm still not able to hear audio when I set my receiver to Dolby Atmos. I have a new Denon receiver (AVR-S760S) and an Xnoc...
  5. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  6. Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV: Hi I have a setup which works fine with Dolby Atmos from netflix or any other app that supports Atmos (like Disney+) for example...but not on the Xbox. Despite option being enabled there is no...
  7. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays: My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and...
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s: Hi, I’m just bought the xbox series s, my tv and sound bar is support Dolby atmos. Sound bar is sonos ARC plug with hdmi arc port at tv. I have try to select dolby atmos for home theater (hdmi...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...