XBOX Series X Dolby Atmos audio cut out

Discus and support XBOX Series X Dolby Atmos audio cut out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Sony XR50X94JU Soundbar: Samsung Q930B Soundbar connected to HDMI 3 (EARC/ARC 120HZ 4K) Xbox connected to HDMI 4 (ARC 120HZ 4K) Hello, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sheppaboi, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Sheppaboi
    Sheppaboi Guest

I have a Sony XR50X94JU

Soundbar: Samsung Q930B

Soundbar connected to HDMI 3 (EARC/ARC 120HZ 4K)

Xbox connected to HDMI 4 (ARC 120HZ 4K)

Hello,

I go to play games on my Xbox and sometimes during the game or when in menu the sound cuts out on Dolby Atmos and all other formats except Stereo Uncompressed, I have sent the Xbox in for repair and have received it back and it still is the same... I've had the issue with a Philips TV before this and a Philips soundbar This also happened with the Xbox One X on the Philips TV -> so I went out and brought brand-new tech and I am still having the issue. (Haven't tested the Sony TV yet with the Xbox One X)

It only does it on the Xbox, nothing else Dolby Atmos

I am using 120HZ 4K, I am wondering what the issue it as having it happen on 2 different TVs is really starting to bug me. For some reason, when I plug the Xbox directly into the soundbar this issue does not occur... Yes... I would plug it into the soundbar and use that however the Soundbar does not support 120HZ 4K passthrough only 60HZ 4K.

Any thoughts on what the issue is?

Thank you for your help.

:)

Sheppaboi, Aug 12, 2022
  2. Gonzo562 Win User

Xbox One X Periodic Audio Cut Out - SJ9 & Atmos

I have the same problem, but my Xbox One X pushes Dolby Atmos to non Dolby Atmos movies. Also my Xbox pushes out HDR to non HDR movies. It's very frustrating that the sound cuts in n out even when I play Shadow of The Tomb Raider that's Dolby Atmos. Even
    Avengers Infinity War sound cuts in n out. Since I have a Geek Squad warranty, I took my LG SJ9 to Best Buy. They tested all Dolby Atmos scenarios and never once did they have a problem with the soundbar in Dolby Atmos mode cutting in n out. There's something
    wrong with the Dolby Atmos signal the Xbox One X uses that the SJ9 has problems decoding.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  4. JonnYB2Z Win User

[PC] Xbox Wireless Headset + Dolby Atmos = Audio Stuttering

I am also experiencing audio cut out/ stuttering. I have narrowed it down to the adapter that I am using (Windows 10 Adapter for controller). I have an Xbox Series X where I can play Warzone as a comparison. I do not get the same audio cuts outs playing on Xbox as I do on PC playing Warzone and when I disable Dolby Atmos on PC the cut out stops completely.

From what I can tell this is a support issue of the adapter to deal with the increase data to the Xbox wireless headset..... just my findings.
  5. Sheppaboi Win User

HDMI Ultra high speed cable for soundbar and xbox, optical output would not present Dolby Atmos.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, in addition to TV exchanges and audio settings, what kind of HDMI cable are you using?

And I don't know if that's the case, but you've tried to connect the sound bar through the tv's optical output, if your soundbar has an optical input (S/PDIF)
Thema:

1. XBOX Series X Dolby Atmos audio cut out - Similar Threads - Series Dolby Atmos

2. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X: Hello, I tried researching this topic and root causing my issue but I'm still not able to hear audio when I set my receiver to Dolby Atmos. I have a new Denon receiver (AVR-S760S) and an Xnoc...
  5. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  6. Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV: Hi I have a setup which works fine with Dolby Atmos from netflix or any other app that supports Atmos (like Disney+) for example...but not on the Xbox. Despite option being enabled there is no...
  7. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays: My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and...
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s: Hi, I’m just bought the xbox series s, my tv and sound bar is support Dolby atmos. Sound bar is sonos ARC plug with hdmi arc port at tv. I have try to select dolby atmos for home theater (hdmi...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series atmos tv sony