Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz connection.

Discus and support Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz connection. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason my Xbox series X doesn't connect to my 5GHz WiFi. My Xbox One S which is literally right next to my Series X connects fine, and gives... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by thenewrecruit, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz connection.

For some reason my Xbox series X doesn't connect to my 5GHz WiFi. My Xbox One S which is literally right next to my Series X connects fine, and gives me 260mbps download speeds. My series X on the 2.4GHz connection gives me 30mbps download. I have no idea why it won't connect. It has connected one or two times in the past but every time I turn it off and on it resets to 2.4GHz.

I use a BT Smart Hub 2 with a wireless connection, but it shouldn't matter that it's wireless - the One S is actually slightly farther away from the router than the Series X which is having the issues.

:)

thenewrecruit, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It seems that your Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi. We need to invesigate this to find the best possible solution to this problem. Let's work on this together.

To better understand the situation, we would like to ask some questions, such as:

• What error message are you getting when you try to connect to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error

To further isolate the issue, kindly try the methods below

• Disable/Remove the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi

- split 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands or disable the 2.4 GHz band through the router’s interface. Then scan for new WiFi on your Xbox and connect to the 5 GHz exclusive band

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  3. thenewrecruit Win User

I'm not getting any error message whenever I try and connect, my WiFi is both 2.4 and 5Ghz, it just doesn't connect to it when it should since it's a quicker connection (260mbps)

I've restated and power cycled my Xbox countless times, even resetting my Xbox (keeping apps and games) to no avail.

Sadly I can't split my 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi but I could turn one off and on, though there's no guarantee my Xbox won't connect back to the 2.4 once it's turned back on.
  4. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has already been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread in the future, so if you need more help, create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Leonardo_Y

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

We appreciate the time and effort you spent on replying to our message.

So your saying that you can connect to the 5GHz Wi-Fi as of the moment, correct?

To clarify as well, is the 2.4GHz and 5Hz Wi-Fi is just from 1 Internet connection?

SIncerely,

Leonardo_Y
  6. ngocphi Win User

If it.shares.the same.name you must.goto into the router settings and find.the series x and select.prefer 5g

Routers will shift devices on the same ssid to.avoid congestion

So having all your devices on 5g is .never.a good.idea

Also some devices may have priority over others which the router will move nom priority devices.to.lower bands
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz connection. - Similar Threads - Series doesn't connect

2. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  3. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  4. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  5. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  6. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  7. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.: So, I've had trouble connecting with my Series S at times anyway, but was always able to work around it. However right now I'm quite lost. The internet in my apartment, which I share/get from my...
  9. My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...: When I remove my system from the wifi and connect to my hotspot it works just fine, I tried a factory reset on it and still it doesn't work. 03a3e4df-7f8a-456c-87c5-31725cf3dc71
  10. Microsoft flight simulator doesn't run since i connected my xbox series S online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator doesn't run since i connected my xbox series S online: So I had the game downloaded and I was using it offline without problems. Yesterday i attached my xbox to internet connection, going online again, an update appeared, 70GB and I installed it. Now...